Calculator Thread

Peter

Reaction score
I am quite sure we dont have a thread anywhere that is dedicated to all types of automotive calculators.

So please post up a calculator or formula in here and then after we get a few links ect I will go through and make a locked sticky for us.

If we have a similar thread point me to it and Ill use that one.

Also please put what calculator it is before the link ie rpm calculator, wheel height calculator ect.

go team!

OP
OP
P

Peter

Reaction score
good link, keep them coming.

OP
OP
P

Peter

Reaction score
I'll post it here and general tech once I get a few more calculators.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The reason i suggested moving to tech area is we already have alot of stickies in this section and this is more of a car related lounge section and tech is tech...which calculators would be

OP
OP
P

Peter

Reaction score
yes yes

either way we need more calculators. :p

tooslow

Reaction score
speaking of calculators, this may not really help the site out much but i sure would be greatful. I"m taking a class that teaches how to create and write programs. for anything really, including calculators. if you guys have any ideas of a type of calculator that needs to be created, maybe i could work on it in spare time. Just give me any ideas you have or equations and variables and stuff like that, and I can put together one from scratch with your help. I wouldn't be able to publish it online, but i'd have it saved as a matlab file that i can view and use. I just really need practice with this programing stuff, and what better way to study for school than have it be automotive related?

feel free to bounce around any ideas and formulas you know and i'll see what i can put together. its just a very tidious process and endless strings of code :blah2:

if i get any free time i'll do one for the hp and boost calculator dalamar posted in the other forum, just to see how detailed and accurate i can get. I'll try and add things like temp, elavation, and any other variable i can find that can ajust air pressure.

so that you just plug in a base line, your altitude, boost, what ever else i can come up with... and boom, HP.

gt96stang

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
Is it just me,or does every gear calculator have an issue giving accurate readings for gear ranges from 3:08-3:73's? If you enter any of those gears in the calculator,it gives you the same rpm speed :dunno:

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I know it works for my 3.73's and t-45...and it's dead on...

94twinscrew

Reaction score
gt96stang said:
94twinscrew said:
Is it just me,or does every gear calculator have an issue giving accurate readings for gear ranges from 3:08-3:73's? If you enter any of those gears in the calculator,it gives you the same rpm speed :dunno:

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I know it works for my 3.73's and t-45...and it's dead on...

omg..... :comando: I was using a ":" instead of a "." in the 3.55 ......nevermind,brainfart :hammer:

GDawg

Reaction score
Anything that compensates for Altitude? Not sure what Bandimere is but I'll bet it's at least 5300' above sealevel. Next time I go I'll take my GPS.

GDawg

Reaction score
GDawg said:
Anything that compensates for Altitude? Not sure what Bandimere is but I'll bet it's at least 5300' above sealevel. Next time I go I'll take my GPS.

Let's compare apples with apples. O0 We need a calculator that is all purpose and equalizes results to be fair comparisons.

Detailed track numbers to convert to base line numbers would be nice. I may have to write a program if there isn't something out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online