California Carb CAI question

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have had trickflow 170 cc twisted wedge heads for a long time and been happy with them.
I just called Summit Racing and they couldn’t find a TF head that is CARB approved. I also sent ZTF an email asking same. Will wait to hear from TF in case the guy at Summit missed something.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Exact same one I was asking Raymond @ Summit about. He said he couldn’t find it. Huh.
So the next obvious question is: why are they $500 less per set than AFR???

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
because they do not say AFR. AFR is near the top of the scale but Trickflow has been around for decades and I can't think of anyone I know complaining about them. I also have the stage 1 cam and it adds fair power with a good idle and a nice sound.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Trickflow makes nice stuff. What you have to be careful with is the headers. Lots of trickflow heads won’t bolt up to certain styles of headers and then you gotta buy headers compatible with those heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Trickflow makes nice stuff. What you have to be careful with is the headers. Lots of trickflow heads won’t bolt up to certain styles of headers and then you gotta buy headers compatible with those heads.

The guy I bought the car from said it is a Bassani exhaust. I don’t know if it’s stamped on them or not. I’ll look when I get home. It might be just a cat-back Bassani

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
maybe I just got lucky but I have not heard of trickflow 302 heads having different exhaust ports. That link does not mention it needing anything different. Bassani is proud enough of their stuff to have their name on them

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Any of the trickflow high port heads require high port headers.

cobrasvt95

Reaction score
I'm new to California, and want to know what's up with this CARB compliant stuff with cold air intakes. I'll settle for a cheap SR intake VS MAC, but is it illegal for me to do this in California? How would anyone know, if I swapped back during a smog check? Will they check during a smog check?
I live in San Diego County and I have to get my 95 SVT Cobra slogged every other year. Your car could blowing the cleanest exhaust around but if it doesn't pass visual, it will fail. When I first got my BBK CAI, my usual smog place refused to smog my car because it didn't have an E.O. number. I found some places that did smog for me without question. BBK finally got an E.O. number and sent me a sticker. I have an E.O number on all my aftermarket engine parts except on my billet distributor which is an old replacement. Last year I was dinged by a shop for having a Kirban adjustable fuel regulater that I've had on for a few years. So if you want to do upgrades, make sure it has an E.O. number especially if you have an older Mustang.

Werecow

Reaction score
Sounds draconian to me... They wanna own every part you out on your car with a danm sticker...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds draconian to me... They wanna own every part you out on your car with a danm sticker...

This is why you couldn’t pay me enough to live there. A friend of mine a couple years ago got his vette impounded in California while he was visiting family and friends. He lived in Nevada and his car was titled legally in Nevada. His vette being very seriously built was a little loud and he was speeding. The cop threw the book at him and impounded the vette as it was deemed not legal to be on the street in California. Being confused as he didn’t live there he was livid. After several months and a lot of time in court and money on a good attorney he finally got it back. He had to flat bed it out of the state.

I thought surely that’s not legal. Did some research and yep, as soon as you enter that hell hole your vehicle better be within cali’s laws. Otherwise you can and will be in big trouble. This is why I’d never even consider driving into that place. FAWK ALL THAT!!!

Werecow

Reaction score
Oh Virginia pulls that bullshyte too! If you have bluedots, green neon lights under your car or any other rainbow color on your car besides white (clear) red or amber, you will get a ticket here. The only thing allowed on the road here legally with blue lights is a Va state trooper...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I realized today that after both times I stopped to get pics of the car that I was driving with my demon lights on by accident.
CNt5iVz.jpg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I realized today that after both times I stopped to get pics of the car that I was driving with my demon lights on by accident.
CNt5iVz.jpg
“We all see it. We all see it”!!!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not for nothing, but dude who started this thread bailed on it? Lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not for nothing, but dude who started this thread bailed on it? Lol

Well you other commies........ I mean cali’s took it over so it’s all good!!!!! [emoji38]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010