caliper color?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Ill possibly be buying a black cobra. Thinking about doing the copper and black... ill wait and see how yours comes out..

torch318

Reaction score
077c226d5432022cfee9502ea40bd2ed.jpg

I like these HRE wheels but $1800 a piece.....:eek:

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If I had my dream come true it would be this style but more black then copper.
product_photo-xlarge_image-705.jpg

realized I better take the rear brakes off to get them done at the same time, go figure the bolts holding them in are frozen. Hoping some penetrating oil will work over night.

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I've got gold wheels, DFG paint and gloss black calipers with silver cobra script. The brakes aren't very noticeable IMO.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea I am not wanting to attract too much attention to them but want them to look better then stock for sure. spent the last 2 days smoothing out all the casting marks and scale on it so it will be smooth as glass what ever it is. I was surprised how much pitting there was on them and how long it took to smooth them out. Was also disappointed to realize the bottom bracket is steel and not aluminum. I started to polish it with 400 wet sanding and did a quick dry off to find them starting to rust slightly 2 hours later. Oh well saves me from finishing polishing this side and the other.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Im just excited to see whatever you go with. People don't realize how much of a difference cleaning off useless casting marks makes. I did the same to my spindles

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
smoothed calipers in gloss bright silver, copper or gold would look killer behind black and polished wheels imo.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nickel is pretty awesome too!

If this was an option when I bought my Wilwoods I would have went with it.

15ewh21.jpg

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Well if you took the time to smooth out the casting marks anything will look good at this point! I wish I had the patience that you have with your car... I get too excited to slap it together and drive. I'm still voting for copper, and will possibly do the same to mine over the next six months of it sitting through the salty winter here. Keep us posted with your decision!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
smooth could be the title of my build.
DSC01806.jpg

I finally got the bolts on the rear brakes to come loose tonight. Do I have to take the console off to release tension on the parking brake cable? Just need to smooth out the rears and I can drop that box off for powder.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't in the past. I just make sure the ebrake is released (handle down), get a pair of pliers, and then pull the end cap things out and around the the little clip (removing the retaining clip first, of course). I haven't really had any issues doing this.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yah it is pretty tight (which is a good thing). If you aren't able to get the cables to release, then you will have to release the tension at the e-brake handle. But you really should be able to do without having to do that. I mean, each time the shop is going to service the rear brakes, having to remove the console to release tension seems like a huge PITA. But maybe that's the case. Let me look through my manual for some procedures, see if they are expecting the tension to be released...

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, just checked the procedure for removing the rear calipers. It essentially says to grab the cable end with some pliers, pull on the cable a bit and slide it around the "rear parking brake lever" (what the manual calls it - the clip thing that holds the cable end). No mention whatsoever about releasing tension on the ebrake handle. When I did mine, it was realllly tight (new cables). So I would say double check to make sure your ebrakes are released (lever is all the way down) and just give that suma***** cable end a good pull. You should be able to pull just enough slack to slide it out of the lever clip thing.

Edit: I don't know if you have a manual or not, but if you do and wanted to see what I am referencing, it's section 06-04-3, Caliper Removal (this is a 95 manual).

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
he's right, you just grab it and pull it out of the retainer. I usually never have any trouble with it.

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
I think with the green copper is a fantastic choice. Will definitely pop the right amount. Red is classic and played, yes, but still classic. A bright silver is also good.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its grown on me over the past few days to the point I am looking at wheels in that color again and the more I look the more I like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online