caliper color?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am cleaning up some little crap on some cobra calipers I am dropping off for powder and up till tonight I was happy with just gloss black. Clean/simple and easy to keep clean but now tonight for some reason I am reconsidering. Of course everyone does red and if I do that it would have to be a candy red or something a little funky and if I was going to go for something bright I might go for an orange but idunno. What is yoru opinion?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Red does look good against our color when I put the bullitt brakes on I was surprised how well it looked.

mmmmm COPPER like said above would be a nice high end touch IMO.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have considered gold/copper wheels but not sure I could pull them off myself. If I do red its gonna be something like this

candyred1.jpg

also giving thought to the bottom bracket red, the top gloss black with red letters or the opposite, dunno yet

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gold/Copper would look great with the DFG. With the relative cheapness of the knockoff wheels I have considered buying some XXR's to see how it would really look. I saw some on a Highland Green Bullitt and the gold was nice. I prefer a copper color myself but gold would do for that cost.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bright orange ftw!

Please don't do red. I hate red calipers. Espcially on little OEM calipers.

I like silver. I dunno. Might do orange if I do the poor mans big brake kit.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What color wheels are you wanting to run?

been pretty sure a gloss black/polished(mainly black) but I have been considering a black/copper wheel. It think a black/copper caliper could look perty cool and lead into a nice black/copper wheel to be different.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yah that could be pretty sweet. If you have a darker color car and black wheels, you can pretty much pull off just about any caliper color. From your sig, looks like your car is a darker blue - copper would look pretty sweet with black wheels. If you are doing a copper/black wheel, then I would say black calipers. I personally like my calipers and wheels to contrast, so that the caliper doesn't get lost in the wheel.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yah that could be pretty sweet. If you have a darker color car and black wheels, you can pretty much pull off just about any caliper color. From your sig, looks like your car is a darker blue - copper would look pretty sweet with black wheels. If you are doing a copper/black wheel, then I would say black calipers. I personally like my calipers and wheels to contrast, so that the caliper doesn't get lost in the wheel.

Deep forest green actually, and with some black/carbon fiber accents as well. I think the black and copper is going to have it. I will make the bracket and letters black and the large portion a nice dark metallic copper.

joekd

Reaction score
My calipers are the typical Brembo red right now, over the winter I am going to redo them bright silver, saw it on a car and it just looked so clean and perfect

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Deep forest green actually, and with some black/carbon fiber accents as well. I think the black and copper is going to have it. I will make the bracket and letters black and the large portion a nice dark metallic copper.

Sounds like a plan :)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
And after some more thought I think I will reverse it and do the bottom bracket in copper and the cobra letters. I am going to go with copper colored wheels now but only some small inserts so I think this will look better. Dunno might change my mind 2 more times before I hope to drop them off later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online