calling all cobra r hood owners...

voidfinger

Reaction score
Thats the same hood i got ... Mine is HO fibertrends... but they are the ones who made the Original Factory 95 R Hoods... Mine is super light weight... Lighter than Carbon Fiber. Very nicelookinghood though

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
After seeing Blackened302's hood, how can I not go with that one!! That looks pretty sweet! I like the shorter cowl size, too. The bigger ones look great, they're just not for mine though.

thorco3

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
The Ford R hoods have a cutout on just the left side of the cowl. I believe the Cervinis R hood has a cutout on both sides. Here's my R hood take-off.

pic
pic

is the underside of your hood finished? Also where did you buy your hood from? and how much did it run ya, if you don't mind my asking...?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
The underside of my hood is not finished, it was just unpainted fiberglass. I had it painted semigloss when the hood was painted though. I bought the hood off a guy that got it off a real Cobra R. I paid $380 for it.

Here's how it looked stock:
Underside.jpg

voidfinger

Reaction score
Same one from HO, i have to say that these are the lightest hoods in existance. i'm scared that its gonna fly off and away... gotta get hood pins.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
The hood is extremely light, i can lift mine with 2 fingers pretty easily. The steel hood latch gives piece of mind that it's not going to fly up when used without hood pins.

And yes, the factory R hoods were made by HO Fibertrends.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yep thats were i got mine and they were addament about it too :) anyway, when i'm going down the interstate about 80 i see the hood shaking .... it don't make me feel good.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Interesting, I havn't noticed my hood shaking. I've had it to 110mph and it seemed solid as a rock, does your hood latch tightly?

voidfinger

Reaction score
Yea its pretty tight... I know that my car is in need of some suspention repair.... That might and is probably it... but still i would like to get the ford stainless one with lanyards or whatever... i think they look hot :) plus the add security isn't bad either

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i want a solid quality one i dont want to have to use hood pins if i do i might as well save 200 bucks and get a pin on hood lol...im almost positive im getting cervinis...they say its 3.5" but that seems huge does anyone have a cervinis cobra r to tell me if it is 3.5"?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are you talking about part #117? They say it has a total lift of 3.5" but it looks the same as my R hood, i'd say it would be the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online