Cam maybe?

Tattoogod

Reaction score
this might sound stupid ??? but I have noticed my idle is not smooth.it kinda feels like a miss ,kinda like if you have a cam in it. how do you tell if someone put a cam in without taking the cam out and checking manually? the rpms on the factory gauge stays pretty still at around 600 -700 rpms..then now and then it will drop then smooth right back out. ive done new plugs,cap,rotor, and i did the wire test where at night time i got the car running then took water mist over the wires..well no archs,or sparks so theres no cracks in the boots anywhere.fuel pressure stays at about 38-42 psi at idle. and it is a 5 speed. should a completely stock 95gt idle so smooth where you can hardly feel it, or will you feel some shaking..and yes i do realize it is a V8 :). so im just asking to make sure nothing is wrong..thx

Tim

RioRedGT

Reaction score
Check you mass air meter kinda sounds like the wires that read the airflow are dirty,also might want to check the Fuel press reg to see if it is leaking through the vacuum hose.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Im not sure how to tell but you can tell by idle usually, but you might just have a idle problem. Clean your MAF as mentoned, also clean your IAC...should make a big diffrence.

wytstang

Reaction score
38-42 psi at idle is high you should only see that mush psi at WOT not idle unless the vac line is diconnected. Idle should be around 30-32 psi.

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
ok i sprayed the sampling tubes off in the maf.and the iac was pretty dirty.i got most the carbon out.but im pretty sure that it needs to be replaced..and i ran some more sea foam ..and let me tell ya ,alot more smoke lol..the police was called again on me lol..the officer just laughed..after explaining what i was doing..he wanted to do it to his cares at home..so i gave him a can..its always good to have cops on your side around here ;D

fordtech

Reaction score
dang man you must have some picky ass neighbors lol that was cool what you did with the cop though like everybody else said check your maf , iac and the tps and your timing to see if any of those are off too that will contribute to some weird idle issues

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online