Cam Sensors

Monday

Reaction score
I've a GT 4.6l, and I am wondering where you peoples ordered your cam sensors?

I can get them but shops are trying to sell me their kits; did anyone buy a Kit?

Cheers

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
A kit for a cam sensor?

I’m assuming this is a 2v gt, if that’s the case, I just get the sensor from oreilly. 1 bolt and 5 minutes and it’s swapped.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
OP
OP
Monday

Monday

Reaction score
Ah, I see. It’s a cam sensor and a crank sensor. Now I understand why they said kit.

May I ask what’s making you replace the cam sensor?
Starts are getting harder at times. I'm seeing a drop in responses and I decided to take no chances - I've a new alternator and I figured I'll do the cam and crank sensors when I do the alternator.

I did try and get readings with my meter, but I need new leads, so I have these coming now as well. I didn't do the kit because I thought they were short a cam sensor.

Cheers

07GtS197

Reaction score
Have you done any other testing? I wouldn’t waste my money swapping out those sensors just because. Is it throwing any codes? Have you datalogged?

OP
OP
Monday

Monday

Reaction score
Basically, I'm treating it like a PNS. Take care of the easy stuff before it becomes a problem. I've got a little under 500$ damper coming as well.

I like to go nuclear when I can...

Cheers

07GtS197

Reaction score
I get it but it’s one of those things where if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I’ve owned 4 new edges, an s197, an s550 and three crown Vic’s all with mod motors. I’ve never (knock on wood) had either a cam or crank sensor go bad. Really the only sensors I’d replace as preventative maintenance would be the O2 sensors because they get lazy as they age.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online