Cam shaft

Christopher smith

Reaction score
Hello I’m new here and drive a 1994 sn95 gt. C37D2C68-A0C0-4436-A8C0-AF689F16B1D6.jpeg I have 5.0 small block ford stroked out to a 347. Running 205cc AFR heads, 1.6 roller rockers with an extreme energy cam shaft, and a super victor intake manifold. This engine will be forced induction with twin 6466 turbos. I am looking for anybody that has ran this combination and how did it idle and perform?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You’re looking for some information on a really specific setup. I don’t think we have any twin turbo pushrod guys on here anymore, let alone twins and a 347.

If you’re running a stock 302 block that’s been machined for the stroker, you’ll probably run in to the limits of the block really quick.

That being said, I wish I could help more but my experience is limited.

OP
OP
Christopher smith

Christopher smith

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You’re looking for some information on a really specific setup. I don’t think we have any twin turbo pushrod guys on here anymore, let alone twins and a 347.

If you’re running a stock 302 block that’s been machined for the stroker, you’ll probably run in to the limits of the block really quick.

Yes unfortunately I’m running the stock block, very hard to get a new block these days. I’m trying not to exceed 550hp on the stock block.

OP
OP
Christopher smith

Christopher smith

Reaction score

Thank you for the advice I’ll definitely keep that in mind.

Monday

Reaction score
Hello I’m new here and drive a 1994 sn95 gt. View attachment 14937 I have 5.0 small block ford stroked out to a 347. Running 205cc AFR heads, 1.6 roller rockers with an extreme energy cam shaft, and a super victor intake manifold. This engine will be forced induction with twin 6466 turbos. I am looking for anybody that has ran this combination and how did it idle and perform?
I'm thinking this guy's seen it...

Cheers

Reaction score
Yes unfortunately I’m running the stock block, very hard to get a new block these days. I’m trying not to exceed 550hp on the stock block.
I started off in fox body with the same 5.0 roller block. 94-95 302 rollers had the same block issues. The combo you have is straight overkill for a block that signs off at 500 to 550 HP. I don't want you to think I'm bashing your car/engine, Just trying to help you not make the same mistakes I did. Man If I could go back and talk to my young stupid self that would have saved me a lot of money and time. All the blocks I split in half, cracked main caps in half, and broken cylinders walls. So moral of the story buy an aftermarket block and it will save you money in the long run and save u a lot of your time.

OP
OP
Christopher smith

Christopher smith

Reaction score
I started off in fox body with the same 5.0 roller block. 94-95 302 rollers had the same block issues. The combo you have is straight overkill for a block that signs off at 500 to 550 HP. I don't want you to think I'm bashing your car/engine, Just trying to help you not make the same mistakes I did. Man If I could go back and talk to my young stupid self that would have saved me a lot of money and time. All the blocks I split in half, cracked main caps in half, and broken cylinders walls. So moral of the story buy an aftermarket block and it will save you money in the long run and save u a lot of your time.
Thank you man. I’ve sat and thought about it and just gonna go with single on3 turbo kit. 70m turbo and a good tune, looking to make roughly 440-500hp

Reaction score
I tuned one with that set-up a few years ago at a shop I worked for. The car was a 95 Cobra with a completely stock engine, All the GT 40 parts that came factory no aftermarket shit. With that engine and turbo kit on the dyno, I was able to surpass what a factory block could handle by a ton. One thing that the engine would benefit from is E-85 and run a good oil like Driven GP-1.

Attachments

• Driven GP-1 oil.jpg
    Driven GP-1 oil.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OP
OP
Christopher smith

Christopher smith

Reaction score
I tuned one with that set-up a few years ago at a shop I worked for. The car was a 95 Cobra with the a completely stock engine, All the GT 40 parts that came factory no aftermarket shit. With that engine and turbo kit on the dyno, I was able to surpass what a factory block could handle by a ton. One thing that the engine would benefit from is E-85 and run a good oil like Driven GP-1.
Ok cool, I’ll try that out but will have it tune to stay under 550hp. What pound fuel injectors was you running on the 95 cobra if you don’t mind me asking ?

OP
OP
Christopher smith

Christopher smith

Reaction score
Well go on and move forward with your game plan and integrate the block splitting issue into the plan. Simply restrict the power level.
Yes, I’m looking to play it safe still looking to drive the car around here and there without destroying the block. 500hp car would still be lot of fun to drive around.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My ‘95 302 block is also stroked to a 347. I was on Vortec’s website yesterday checking out a supercharger for my set up. Mention was made therein that modifications would be necessary for a stroked motor whereas a non-stroked bolts right up with their kit.
Just a heads up that you might be in for more than you expect, especially with 2 turbo’s. Don’t be surprised if the ancillaries exacerbate the install to the point of utter frustration!

joemomma

Reaction score
My ‘95 302 block is also stroked to a 347. I was on Vortec’s website yesterday checking out a supercharger for my set up. Mention was made therein that modifications would be necessary for a stroked motor whereas a non-stroked bolts right up with their kit.
Just a heads up that you might be in for more than you expect, especially with 2 turbo’s. Don’t be surprised if the ancillaries exacerbate the install to the point of utter frustration!
Curious - did they mention the modifications required?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Curious - did they mention the modifications required?
I cut and pasted this directly from Pg.2 of the Vortec installation manual…
“ This product was designed for use on stock (un-modified, OEM) vehicles. The PCM (computer), engine, transmission, drive axle ratios and tire O.D. must be stock. If the vehicle or engine has been modified in any way, check with Vortech prior to installa- tion and use of this product.”

Reaction score
Vortech brackets dont care what CI your block is. Most likely they mean fuel mods.
Like 95opal said the brackets are the brackets and the engine is the engine. When a engine is stroked no matter the make, All the stroking is inside the block the out side dosen't change no matter what the stroke is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online