Cam ?

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Can i go with a Fcam.. I can get one real cheap,,, Keep in mind its not going to be my only mod just the first one if i can use it..

Willis

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
for a off the shelf cam the F303 is fine, its a little more agressive than the popular E303 cam. I know of a handfull of fox cars that went with the F over the E cam around here and they all like it just fine. What heads you plan on running?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
white94gt said:
Afr 185's .. Not sure about the upper and lower intake yet...

Well with those heads and the lift that the F cam has you will have to have piston clearance, you gong to put new ones in it.....or keep the ones you have? Clearance WILL BE a issue for you. That will be a nice combo, top it with something like a Edelbrock, or the old and reliable GT-40 :) :)

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
If i can throw the cam in right away thats what i am gonna do.. As long as i dont have to switch any thing.. But i am going to Build a blower motor on the side so i still have a running car... But yea i am gonna use diff pistons and others stuff...

Will i have to change any thing to use that cam right now..

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
white94gt said:
If i can throw the cam in right away thats what i am gonna do.. As long as i dont have to switch any thing.. But i am going to Build a blower motor on the side so i still have a running car... But yea i am gonna use diff pistons and others stuff...

Will i have to change any thing to use that cam right now..

I think that cam will cause PTV issues if you stick it in now, you need to check for clearance FOR SURE :angel: you dont want the piston and valve to kiss.........that would SUCK :( :( :(

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
You are talking about "self clearancing pistons" . . . :hammer:

Z28 This

Reaction score
why f cam? id go lunati 1087 cam...you talk about a badass cam :)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
white94gt said:
Whats that truble?? I am some what a newbie here??

Well . . if the valves slam into the pistons . . the pistons will becom "self clearancing." lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
white94gt said:
Whats that truble?? I am some what a newbie here??

Well . . if the valves slam into the pistons . . the pistons will becom "self clearancing." lol

Yea thats what you DONT want to happen after a cam install

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
when the motor in my pickup was rebuilt a piston slapped the valve. There was apparently shavings left in the head from milling it and the valve stuck open :nonono: That makes me real confident of how my motor was built

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online