Camber bolts

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by ElrodKTPQ_89, Feb 20, 2016.

1. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

In my case I already had the spindles when I bought my cobra brakes, so after reading about all that I decided to swap them. Plus an inch in bumpsteer makes a big difference. I have pictures in my build I'll have to go back and find that show the difference in tie rod angle between the two spindles. And yes MM does recommend their bolt-thru bumpsteer Kit which I will eventually be upgrading to. I currently have a Steeda kit and at the time didn't have the funds for MM's so I made do with mine til I could afford theirs.

2. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

Wait a minute, I think I am confused - you are saying you can't get *less* than 3 degrees of camber? Meaning 3 is the *least* amount of camber you can run? I am confused on how that is possible? On my MM plates, I don't know if I could get 3 degrees if I wanted to...

3. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

Okay, pulled this from MM's website on the CC plates:

To me, it sounds like you have your plates set up in the Negative orientation perhaps? It's still a correct install, so maybe that's what is going on? (Though, I'm pretty sure mine are Negative and I've got about 1.5 degrees of camber currently...)