Camber Plate Question

Downshift

Reaction score
Ok I have been looking at lowering springs and have a question on camber plates. They are like 200$ which to some of you isnt much but for me with a shitty job it is haha. So I have been looking at the H&R sport springs http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=307 I was wondering if I got those with bilstein shocks/struts if I would need camber plates right now because its going to be really bad or you think it will be a minimal problem that can wait a little bit like end of summer kind of thing with out screwing something up. What do you guys think? Let me know thanks ahead of time. :thumb:

wytstang

Reaction score
I think by the end of summer you would need new front tires. take your time and save $$. Also you get a discount from SS through the forums if you didn't know.

wytstang

Reaction score
How many mile will you be driving during the summer?

ylw95gts

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Ok I have been looking at lowering springs and have a question on camber plates. They are like 200$ which to some of you isnt much but for me with a shitty job it is haha. So I have been looking at the H&R sport springs http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=307 I was wondering if I got those with bilstein shocks/struts if I would need camber plates right now because its going to be really bad or you think it will be a minimal problem that can wait a little bit like end of summer kind of thing with out screwing something up. What do you guys think? Let me know thanks ahead of time. :thumb:

I have a set of UPR Steel Shark C/C plates that were on my car for about 1000 miles before I upgraded to their aluminum plates. You can have 'em for $60 shipped if you're interested.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i would definatly get the CC plates if you plan on getting H&R SuperSport springs. I have the same setup: Bilstein S&S, H&R SS Springs, and Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates. Also another thing you might wanna invest in is a "Bump-Steer" kit:
MMTR-3.jpg

Part #: MMTR-3

These little things make a big differance IMO. You can go and do it the other way, but my suggestion is to save save save and do it right the first time because it might end up costing you a lot of $$$ later on.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Can you explain to me what exactly that kit above does? I've got some H&R SS springs I'm going to be putting in along with Bilstein HD struts and shocks. I'm going to get the poly spring isolators and someone said to get the poly steering rack bushings too to eliminate the steer that you get when you go over uneven roads. So what does the kit above do and why should you do that with a lowered car? Thanks

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Maximum Motorsports said:
MM Adjustable Tie Rod End Kit, 1994-04, bolt-through style spindle.

Bumpsteer is a term for the situation where the front toe changes as the suspension moves up and down. If the toe changes more than a very small amount it will cause the car to change direction, making the car unstable and unpredictable. MM offers two types of Adjustable Tie-Rod Ends. The tapered stud type can be used to make moderate changes to the geometry. It is best suited for use with a stock K-member, and does not require any modification to the spindle. The bolt-through spindle type has a much wider range of adjustment. It is required for most situations when installing a MM K-Member and requires drilling out the tapered hole in the spindle to accept a 5/8" bolt.

Also I did a Google search and came up with this explanation: <Click Me>
someone also posted up a really nice suspension website, forget where it is on this site but do a search or maybe someone will chime in. :thumb:

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. I will probably be driving about 400ish miles per month during summer I would guess. I will most likely end up getting those plates from ylw95gts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010