Camber Plates, ylw95gts read this

Downshift

Reaction score
Alright I bought some UPR camber plates off of ylw95gts a while back and now I need to install them. I have never done these before and the directions are kinda vague. I am just wondering if anyone can give me a quick run down of how to install and adjust these things. Any help is appreciated thanks,

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Before I made this post I tried to PM you but your box was full sorry. But ya those are the same directions. I just dont know where to put the bolts with the little metal piece into the plates. There are two slots I circled them in red on the pic. It doesnt say which ones to put the bolts through. And I have no Idea how to adjust the angle at all. My camber angle is pretty far off from the super sport springs. So im guessing I will have to adjust them somewhat. Thanks for the help.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

ylw95gts

Reaction score
I had a friend who is a Ford mechanic do mine for me so I can't say for sure. It may have to do with your drop as well? I have 2" drop on my car and this is how mine are set up. Sorry I can't be of more help.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Its alright I will try what matt said and go off that picture as best I can. One of the reasons I was confused from the directions was how they were showing the spacers and the bearings going together. I thought that top bearing in the picture you posted was what went in the middle of the plate and you had just already put them together because they werent with anything you had sent me. :dunno: You still have them by chance?

jpajkos

Reaction score
Brian call Aaron at Throttle Stop. Tell um your part of my mustang club and Aaron should only charge you for an hour which is 90 bucks. When it comes to you suspension specially your Camber allow the professionals to do it. Also Aaron has some good tires for sale. Goto the web site at Thethrottlestop.com. If you need something to get by just get some sumitumos for now and the BFG's later.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Haha maybe but you know im cheap. I already got the front tires and I will be getting the rears in a couple weeks.

ylw95gts I am talking about that bearing thing thats sitting on top. I circled it in red. I only got what was in the first picture i posted. So you dont have it then? I have to have that thing dont I?

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
That picture is taken after I bought them from you so im guesing thats your new setup? So you never had that bearing with the plates i bought from you? Those directions are probably for all of uprs camber plates then?

ylw95gts

Reaction score
What you circled in red on my engine pic is only on the aluminum c/c plates. Not the steel plates which you bought from me. You are missing nothing.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
this page shows the differences

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=65&cat=Caster+/+Camber+Plates

I don't know what else to tell you :dunno:

I was thinking that since the directions showed them on there and you showed me that pic thats what was supposed to be there. Thats why I posted saying that the directions were probably for both I wasnt accusing you of not giving me everythign. Thanks for all the help. Ill email them and see if they can give me some not so vague directions.

jpajkos

Reaction score
or you can take them down to aaron pay him to put them on for 90 bucks.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
I dont have money to pay him 90 bucks to do something I could probably do if I just got my ass out there and did it. I just didnt want to get out there and be totaly stuck I was just looking for a little guidance because it could never hurt especially from the guy you bought the parts from ya know. But we'll see I just might have to bite the bullet.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Doing the install Brian is not that hard. I did mine on my old 5.0. It was adjusting the camber plates however to correct my alignment I was stumped on. On my maximum motorsport ones you adjusted the camber on the plates to correct the aligment issues. I don't know if its the same on the UPR's so make sure. If you have any trouble let me know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online