Camshaft in my 95

fastfordfan1

Reaction score
Hello all,
Has anyone ever attempted to put a cam in a 95 without pulling the motor, or at least raising it up? Can it be done?

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can do it (i've never tried). Might just have to rip the whole front end apart which in the end will probably take more time then if you were just to lift the motor up some. But if you looking for a cam, I have a brand new FRPP E303 Cam sitting right here in my room!!!! BUY IT LOL!! :thumb:

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Yeah, you can do it with out pulling the motor. You just hvace to take all the radiator and etc stuff out to make room.

FASTANG

Reaction score
A buddy and I did heads/ cam swap on mine about a month ago
and it went pretty good. As already stated, just remove the front
accessories, radiator and A/C condenser (if you have A/C), water pump,
and IIRC the crank pulley, dampner to remove the water pump.

The task is not hard at all, just getting all the crap out of the way to get in there takes time.

If you have any question, lewt me know and I'll do my best to help you out. Good luck

fst95coupe

Reaction score
It's a piece of cake to do h/c/i on a 95 you just take a coat hanger and tie up the ac condensing unit to the hood. you don't even have to lose your ac charge and set the compressor in the battery spot along w/ p/s pump about 6-8 hours later your ready for a custom tune and chip unless you use a steeda 19 it will prob. need a tune. Check out my sig i had to get a chip for my cam and comp tech support said it wouldn't need a tune. but neway im very happy. I noticed your only doing the cam for 60 bucks anderson ford motorsports makes a tool or should i say 16 tools that assist in a cam swap. They are little carriage bolts that have a magnet shrink wrapped on the end in order to hold up the lifters. I changed my cam and chain in 4 hours good luck john

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.