Can anyone identify this connector?

maillemaker

Reaction score
My new-to-me '95 Stang did not come with keyfobs. I ordered some aftermarket ones, and programmed them tonight.

At first, I was not getting a cycling of the locks, because I was shorting the wrong connector. On my vehicle, the below with a question mark was not plugged in. In fact, I only remember seeing one female plug there.

Anyway, I discovered the key fob learning plug is attached to the sidewall, and all went well programming the fobs.

But what is the connector with the question mark for?

1678232167840.png

Foot Pounds

Reaction score
From what I could find, this connector goes to the Anti-Theft Control Module. The two wires are for "Start Input" and "Start Output". It looks as if the ignition switch passes through the anti-theft module input, and needs to come out on the output before it hits the starter relay. You can disconnect and try to start to confirm.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
From what I could find, this connector goes to the Anti-Theft Control Module. The two wires are for "Start Input" and "Start Output". It looks as if the ignition switch passes through the anti-theft module input, and needs to come out on the output before it hits the starter relay.
Thanks for the info!

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online