Can anyone identify this?

adamv7010

Reaction score
I recently bought an 03 gt....I pulled the cluster out tonight and saw this...
radujapu.jpg
4yheruba.jpg
y3uqyre5.jpg
3y3a5apu.jpg

What's the small black box? A power supply for what I assume to be led cluster lighting?

If so, the power supply has 2 leads coming off of it for power I assume..but each lead has 2 wires in it...anyone have any idea what manufacturer this may be from or anything?

sent while driving recklessly

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Feds are tracking your speed.. Lol jk. Probably for an aftermarket gauge setup. Are your gauges stock?

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
Feds are tracking your speed.. Lol jk. Probably for an aftermarket gauge setup. Are your gauges stock?

No...they're white faced but haven't ever illuminated since I've owned it.

I pulled it apart yesterday and saw what I posted..

Any idea what wire is what coming out of the little transformer?
e8eteru4.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with [MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION] that it's a transformer for indiglo gauges that I guess aren't working

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going with the transformer for the gauges idea.. If that was hooked up to the cluster, I couldn't see what else it'd be for. Maybe [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] can shed some light here

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
I'm going to agree with [MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION] that it's a transformer for indiglo gauges that I guess aren't working

I'm certain of that...none of them were plugged in, so i cant say for sure they work or not, nor were the wires I circled in red terminated anywhere...that's what I'm trying to find out...which wire is what Lol.

I assume one is a switched 12v and one is a dimmer wire, one ground, not sure what the 4th could be...theres only 1 black wire in only 1 of the 2 cables

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
Looks exactly like the wires for the reverse glow gauges I bought from AmericanMuscle.

I looked on am.com and found what I believe to be them...looked at the install PDF but it only lists terminations for the hot and ground...which are in one of the 2 flat cables from the transformer...what the heck is the other cable Lol

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The indiglo reverse illumination gauges went over your stock gauges. The previous owner probably ran the power for the transformer back up into the cluster and terminated it somewhere to get 12v... maybe a bulb socket? Or perhaps they soldered or spliced somewhere? They're junk IMO, but whatever. The reason they don't work is because the connection either came undone, or the transformer may have popped. If there's a dimmer pot, they may have just tucked it away somewhere.

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
The indiglo reverse illumination gauges went over your stock gauges. The previous owner probably ran the power for the transformer back up into the cluster and terminated it somewhere to get 12v... maybe a bulb socket? Or perhaps they soldered or spliced somewhere? They're junk IMO, but whatever. The reason they don't work is because the connection either came undone, or the transformer may have popped. If there's a dimmer pot, they may have just tucked it away somewhere.

If there's supposed to be an add on dimmer with it, that's likely what the other 2 wires are for.

Whether or not they work, I didnt know, but I do know there were no terminations at all...they had splice caps on them..

I'm just went out to my shop and wired the red & black up to the headlight switch...and.......

udede4ud.jpg

They do work..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrence

Members online