Can i beat this guy?

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
A friend at work his wanting to race me, he has a 92 5.0 auto with just a muffler. Whats my chances?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
are you racing for pinks? money? if not and just bragging rights just go race him man. i think you will win, it all depends on who spins the most.

ALITL8

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
are you racing for pinks? money? if not and just bragging rights just go race him man. i think you will win, it all depends on who spins the most.

what 95KBGT said... if its just for bragging rights, race the guy :thumb:

depending on the tranny he has it should be a driver's race. are you racing on the street or at the track. i beat two 5.0's at our last track meet, 1 auto and 1 manual. the manual was a much closer race and he had less mods :dunno:

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Stock 5.0's are slow for the most part. A muffler isnt a mod, really..

If he's an auto, you should take him no doubt - asuming you have a manual.

Those foxes are lighter, but the age of his car will be a factor against him too. I give you a solid 75% chance of whoopin him.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stock 5.0's are slow ???, you must be thinking of a 94-95 and NOT a fox body. The auto in this car is what is going to make it slow NOT the car itself, either way with the mods the newer car has plus the fact that it is a manual you should have no problem with it. Keep in mind its EASY to swap cams bump timing have gears , a tq converter or a shift-kit without any one knowing...............hope you know for sure the only mod is mufflers, if not you may get your ass handed to you......Be carefull :D

ALITL8

Reaction score
SoddyRebel's car is an auto... 97 Mustang GT, Rio Red, Auto, CAI, MAC Mufflers, Steeda Sport Springs.

it should be a fun race, all driver!

97GTS

Reaction score
do it and see what happens. is his car a coupe? vert? hatch?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
SoddyRebel's car is an auto... 97 Mustang GT, Rio Red, Auto, CAI, MAC Mufflers, Steeda Sport Springs.

ahhh, I didnt know his was a auto also........better hope that 5.0 is not a light weight notch :-[

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
ALITL8 said:

ahhh, I didnt know his was a auto also........better hope that 5.0 is not a light weight notch :-[

haha, i read it in his sig :dunno: there's a chance he could get beat, like i said it'll be a driver's race. take it to the track to make it fair, it only cost a few bucks to do it legal and safe ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Snakebit said:
ALITL8 said:

haha, i read it in his sig :dunno: there's a chance he could get beat, like i said it'll be a driver's race. take it to the track to make it fair, it only cost a few bucks to do it legal and safe ;)

+1 for the track, race in a controled enviroment rather than on the street

OP
OP
S

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
his car is bone stock, and its a hatch. and yea we both are autos.

ALITL8

Reaction score
SoddyRebel said:

so are you racing for pinks, money or braggin rights? whens the race?? fill us in... enquiring minds want to know :D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SoddyRebel said:

hatch LX or hatch GT? There will be about 200lbs from one model to the next. Either way it should be a good race, what year was this fox again?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
please race on a track tho, its safer. no excuses and you get proof on a piece of paper

OP
OP
S

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
its a 92 GT Hatch, bragging rights, either street or 1/8th mile drag strip.

yellowgt

Reaction score
No offence but I think you buddy is going to take you in the race.

For one I believe the 92 stangs were rated at 225HP where as your car is rated at 215HP, Not to mention the weight difference, even with your mods I don't think it will be enough in the end.

The 92 is going to be around 300lbs lighter than you are.

It's going to be a good race but I think the hatch will win in the end.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
yellowgt said:
No offence but I think you buddy is going to take you in the race.

For one I believe the 92 stangs were rated at 225HP where as your car is rated at 215HP, Not to mention the weight difference, even with your mods I don't think it will be enough in the end.

The 92 is going to be around 300lbs lighter than you are.

It's going to be a good race but I think the hatch will win in the end.

right but on those HP numbers your reading that from ford. both versions of the 5.0 on a dyno were LUCKY to see 190. and that was a freak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online