Can i hit 200rwhp?

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
First of all my cars an auto, ive seen some cars with my same mods (cai,o/r H-pipe, and muffs) hit anywhere from 200-207 rwhp, also those cars are probbly 5 speeds.......do u think i could hit somwhere in the 190s with around 260 tq? I need to dyno the thing, ill get around to it one day...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
with those mods...I wouldnt count on it...sorry...maybe 190...auto tranny kills

snoball

Reaction score
A friend with the EXACT same mods put down a best of 192 to the wheels. I forgot the torque. Hes doing a pi swap right now actually and ill update you when i get those numbers to give a comparsion.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmm..let me know about that..cause im kinda in the same boat..haha just ive got headers ...about to do a pi intake swap possible tb and plenum along with it...but id like to see the gain with the pi...hopefully atleast 20 rwhp.

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
I know it's not accurate, but for a joke I tried one of those online dynos were you enter your 1/4 mile time, trap speed and weight and it spitted out 220hp??!! :dunno:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you might if you had longtubes...get the pi intake and cams and you will probably be @220rwhp

OP
OP
S

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
yea, every car will be different, ill just have to go get it dynoed one day

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
you might if you had longtubes...get the pi intake and cams and you will probably be @220rwhp

yup, my 98 AOD had FULL BOLT-ONS ( long tubes included ) with the PI intake swap and made 238rwhp AFTER the dyno tune

96sohc

Reaction score
I couldn't do it with some bolt-ons and a PI Intake, made 194hp.
However, that is all going to change as soon as I can afford to put in my 3650.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:

yup, my 98 AOD had FULL BOLT-ONS ( long tubes included ) with the PI intake swap and made 238rwhp AFTER the dyno tune

What exactly do you mean by full bolt ons?...did you have just a pi intake..or cams too?...didnt you get the adapter plates also?..i heard that gives a little more horse.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:

What exactly do you mean by full bolt ons?...did you have just a pi intake..or cams too?...didnt you get the adapter plates also?..i heard that gives a little more horse.

Here is the full list.........

Mac Longtube headers
Mac off road H pipe
Mac cat back exhaust
BBK cold air intake'
BBK 70mm TB
C&L upper elbow plenum
PI intake ( complete kit from Livernois Motorsports )
Mach Underdrive pulleys

Trans-go Shift kit
Percision Industries 2800stall
B&M hammer shifter
4:10 motorsport gears

Tuned on the dyno Before numbers ( sorry cant remember the tq ) Hp 218hp and after 238hp. The tune software was Diablo chip master revolutions. The gains were pretty nice across the rpm band and the power could be felt after I got it back. It was a good running car, I never got to a track but im sure it would have run in the 13's with sticky tires and a good track. The gears and the stall took it off the line pretty strong :)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
96sohc said:
I couldn't do it with some bolt-ons and a PI Intake, made 194hp.
However, that is all going to change as soon as I can afford to put in my 3650.

Was that on a Mustang Dyno? Thats pretty low with a PI intake.

96sohc

Reaction score
Nope, that was Dynojet.

I made 177hp before with:
Magnaflow cat-back
Steeda U/D's
Trick Flow Plenum
Densecharger

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
justinschmidt1 said:
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:

yea, Im in pretty much the same boat as you except I dont think im going to buy a plenum/ tb becuase the cost is too much for 5 hp...but im hoping for a decent dyno...hopefully 210 after the swap...the tune looks like it was really worht it...with those numbers it should of def been deep in the 13s with sticky tires and that stall..

Here is the full list.........

Mac Longtube headers
Mac off road H pipe
Mac cat back exhaust
BBK cold air intake'
BBK 70mm TB
C&L upper elbow plenum
PI intake ( complete kit from Livernois Motorsports )
Mach Underdrive pulleys

Trans-go Shift kit
Percision Industries 2800stall
B&M hammer shifter
4:10 motorsport gears

Tuned on the dyno Before numbers ( sorry cant remember the tq ) Hp 218hp and after 238hp. The tune software was Diablo chip master revolutions. The gains were pretty nice across the rpm band and the power could be felt after I got it back. It was a good running car, I never got to a track but im sure it would have run in the 13's with sticky tires and a good track. The gears and the stall took it off the line pretty strong :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.