i would rather have some noise pollution from my Flow master system
thats just me

im sure it can be done , like the gentleman above said a guy on YouTube did it

OP
OP
CassieWinch3ster

CassieWinch3ster

Reaction score
im sure it could work, but what motor do you think would fit the easiest? i was thinking powerstroke of some kind

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
cummings would be the best bet for the engine Controle and connections
i believe the guy on YouTube used a cummings
not to difficult
just do a google search for parts and needed hardware to do an install
diesel dose not flow like gas so the fuel pump to prime the system is good ,
and having a good knowledge on diesel engines is a plus

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Diesel in an sn95......funny. These cars barely have room for their own engine and almost drag the ground.

Maybe a small diesel

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
no way i can talk you into keeping like that
or is the car in really bad shape
hate to see a car of that year get basturddised like that if its in nice shape

OP
OP
CassieWinch3ster

CassieWinch3ster

Reaction score
no its in great shape, although i probably wont use that car for the swap, i have a 94 v6 for the diesel swap (should have clarified sorry)

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
you would need a smaller engine
cummings are heavy ,
there are some diesel engines out there that have a good power band of performance
google is for that looking around

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i would have to do some research on that , that is something that i dont do , and this is the first time i come across this

and it also depends on you wants in motor size , make manufacture , and how much are you looking to spend

but i can look around take some time

b1pig

Reaction score
Cummins makes a wide selection of engines. Most popular are the 6BT and 4BT engines. Earlier 12 valve 6BT engines are mechanical, meaning they don't require computer control. Same for the 4BT, which is nothing more than a 4 cylinder version of the 6 cylinder big brother.

I applaud the idea. I caution the path, though. NOTHING will bolt in. You will need fabrication skills in order to deal with crossmember/oil pan issues, motor mounts, transmission mounts.... which is another bag of tricks.... you will need to find a NON ELECTRONIC transmission that will mate to the Cummins. If you've already got a manual car, then you will either need an adapter kit (Advance Adapters, etc), or a transmission already meant for the Cummins. Bear in mind, they are truck engines and those use truck transmissions, generally.

Where can you find one?
Cummins supplied "light duty" 6BT engines in Dodge trucks since the late 80's.
The 4BT can be found in older delivery trucks... the local bread distributors, FedEx, etc... all trucks before the mid-2000s.

OH. If you have money flowing out of every orifice of your body and can't think of anything better to do with it, Cummins offers the newest version of their 4BT brand spankin new. Look up Cummins Repower.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Look at the way the EPA is now against us modifying the engine that came in our cars or trucks. So please stop thinking like a teenager by wanting to put a stupid diesel in your car. The guy that put that diesel in his mustang makes the rest of us mustang guys look like a bunch of stupid MF. Sorry, it sounds harsh but so are the EPA guys. So all I'm saying is don't give them any more ammo against the automotive industry.

OP
OP
CassieWinch3ster

CassieWinch3ster

Reaction score
uhmm no. im gonna keep enjoying myself and if i wanna roll coal im gonna roll coal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online