can someone who KNOWS what they are doing help !

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
OK I'm tired of getting no where by talking to people who are afraid to just say "I don't know" ::) I have been trying to get info on putting a aftermarket CD deck in my cobra for a couple days now and I have gotten no where :mad:. I keep getting mixed answers on what adapter has to be used and if one is even made at all :-\. So far I have been told that the Merta 70-5521 adapter will work on my 99 even though it is for the 03 and up cars, Crutchfield says the scosche oem adapter will work fine......but that means cutting factory wires :nonono: :nonono:. Plus I have talked to the geniuses at Circut City and Best buy and they don't have anything to do it with :comando: :comando: I know some of you guys have to have decks in your mach 460 equipped cars, so how did you do it, and is their any thing diffrent on the 99 mach system from the older ones?

Spyder

Reaction score
IM pretty sure the mach 460 in the new edgers are different from the sn95's, but im not positive.

when i replaced the deck in my last stang, i replaced the mach 460 with an alpine head unit and used the schoche (or however you spell it) adapter. I didnt have to cut a damn wire.

It was as simple as matching the color coded wires from the harness on the alpine to the wires on the adapters, then plug the adapters into the stock harnesses, slide the bitch in, and crank the tunes.

theponyfactor

Reaction score
I have the mach 460 and when I put my pioneer deck in i just went and bought a harness from wal-mart. It took me a while to find the right one, but there was one for ford's premium sound system.

Ender

Reaction score
99-00 have the same Mach460 we do, it changed in 01. This is the wiring harness you need.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Spyder said:
IM pretty sure the mach 460 in the new edgers are different from the sn95's, but im not positive.

when i replaced the deck in my last stang, i replaced the mach 460 with an alpine head unit and used the schoche (or however you spell it) adapter. I didnt have to cut a damn wire.

It was as simple as matching the color coded wires from the harness on the alpine to the wires on the adapters, then plug the adapters into the stock harnesses, slide the bitch in, and crank the tunes.

there is not any pre-amp hooks on the device you are talking about right? So what happens to the factory amps and thier connections?

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ender said:
Snakebit said:
Ender said:
99-00 have the same Mach460 we do, it changed in 01. This is the wiring harness you need.

what is the wiring harness I need ???

The one that the link leads to. :hammer:

that harness has no where to put the factory pre-amp hooks, from what I have read if the factory amps are not used either the highs or the mids will not work ( cant remember what ones, I have seen so much stuff.......Its all running together now)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online