Can you be nervous, anxious, scared, excited and shittin bricks?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All that at the same time??? Let me ‘splain...

Tonight is my last night with my baby! We’ve bonded. We understand each other. And now I’m gonna gut her and she’ll be gone for at least a month. I’m having withdraws already!
Tomorrow morning at 8am I hand her over to FTK. They’re gonna yank her heart (read: motor) out, send it out to be jacked up, then reinstall a new heart under the hood of my beloved. And rope it all back together. I’m dying over here!!!

I’m anxious as hell to get the motor done since it needs it from Day 1 when I gotnitnbaxkmin April.

I’m nervous because even though the engine builder is tried and trued and has done a shit ton of work over the last 30 years with FTK, I want that motor to be solid so I can drive it’s ass off with the confidence it’ll handle it!

So naturally I’m excited AND shittin bricks come tomorrow when I hand the keys over... and dissolve quietly away for a month or so. God, this is gonna be hard!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Sounds like an adventure!

So....you are reusing the original engine?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it sounds like they are using the original engine. I have wondered about doing the same with mine vs getting an already built bottom end.

Zutz23

Reaction score
All that at the same time??? Let me ‘splain...

Tonight is my last night with my baby! We’ve bonded. We understand each other. And now I’m gonna gut her and she’ll be gone for at least a month. I’m having withdraws already!
Tomorrow morning at 8am I hand her over to FTK. They’re gonna yank her heart (read: motor) out, send it out to be jacked up, then reinstall a new heart under the hood of my beloved. And rope it all back together. I’m dying over here!!!

I’m anxious as hell to get the motor done since it needs it from Day 1 when I gotnitnbaxkmin April.

I’m nervous because even though the engine builder is tried and trued and has done a shit ton of work over the last 30 years with FTK, I want that motor to be solid so I can drive it’s ass off with the confidence it’ll handle it!

So naturally I’m excited AND shittin bricks come tomorrow when I hand the keys over... and dissolve quietly away for a month or so. God, this is gonna be hard!

Ya man I feel you! But most of all I’m jealous as hell over here! Good for you! Your going to love it! Patients is key. Relax and enjoy the wait. The less stress you give those guys the better the quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zutz23

Reaction score
it sounds like they are using the original engine. I have wondered about doing the same with mine vs getting an already built bottom end.

I wonder the same. Or even to just go coyote swap. How much do you think I could get for my setup ? 4.6 super chargered with a 3650.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya man I feel you! But most of all I’m jealous as hell over here! Good for you! Your going to love it! Patients is key. Relax and enjoy the wait. The less stress you give those guys the better the quality

Agreed! I know I’m gonna be SO anxious, but I will force myself to stay out of it (unless they call me of course) and not call them 100 times!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder the same. Or even to just go coyote swap. How much do you think I could get for my setup ? 4.6 super chargered with a 3650.

You’d have to research values on your motor, either here or on another venue. My motor was described as “pretty tired” when I had the compression check done months ago so I doubt I would get much for it if I were looking to supplement the cost of a Coyote swap. You, on the other hand, may get a decent wad of money for yours so you’d be closer to affording the swap than me!

Zutz23

Reaction score
You’d have to research values on your motor, either here or on another venue. My motor was described as “pretty tired” when I had the compression check done months ago so I doubt I would get much for it if I were looking to supplement the cost of a Coyote swap. You, on the other hand, may get a decent wad of money for yours so you’d be closer to affording the swap than me!

So what exactly are you getting done ? You have my curiosity

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So what exactly are you getting done ? You have my curiosity

I’m having a Scat 347 stroker rotating assembly installed, along with AFR 185cc heads and a Comp Cam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online