Can you fix this?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My Jeep (or properly named HEEP by Tyler) had a little accident today on the way home from work and got itself a free ride on a tow truck! Literally. I bought AAA just because of my broken down vehicles lol...

Transmission mount rotted clear out of the body. Causing the tranny to drop significantly, causing many issues deeming it impossible to drive any distance. I was pretty boned about it earlier because even tho it's a total piece of shit, It's my piece of shit and I love it. What do you guys think? The metal behind the rotted shit is solid as can be.. But as you can kinda see anything in front of it is rotted to ****. Which worries me about the control arms too

I love my Heep :( I don't wanna be puttin an RIP sign in front of this, with it's 5 day old wheels/tires haha

1469835_10200255094619630_545934033_n.jpg

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Looks like you have some solid metal in your rust...

Seriously holy hell I would burn that thing right now. You're gonna need ALOT of sheet metal to patch that shit up.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
LOL... Yeah there's some decent body on it under there. It's mainly just outter shit. Most of the rails are fine, just the fronts are bad, obviously. The center is fine, floor boards are fine.. Rockers are going.. But this is really the worst spot

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Cut it all out reweld square mild walled steel in and paint then reattach.

Brought to you from a a land far far far very far veryy very far away

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Well I think I can confidently say that nothing you do to try and fix it will make it any worse at this point then just leaving it...

TanTop94

Reaction score
What that guy said, but damn that could turn into a project cause you dont know what else you will find. Guess you will be seeing soon though

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
you seem attached to it man...keep it on the side as a project...if it takes you a few years so what.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well my cousin took a quick look at it on the side of the highway and then called his neighbor who welds and he said he'll come out and look at it later this week and let me know if he thinks it's possible. All I'll have to do is pay for the gas to get it to his house, buy him a 12 pack, and pay for the materials. IF it's possible that is. If it's not I'm totally ****ed. I'm then stuck with a decision... Deal with a V6 Camaro with a leaking convertible top or driving my Mustang. So I'm really hoping for the best

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
you seem attached to it man...keep it on the side as a project...if it takes you a few years so what.

Haha my dude I am. I actually like this thing better than my Mustang. I'm hoping it's salvageable. ****in kid had it covered up with black paint or something because I never noticed how bad it really was until today. Now I'm a bit nervous

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Haha my dude I am. I actually like this thing better than my Mustang. I'm hoping it's salvageable. ****in kid had it covered up with black paint or something because I never noticed how bad it really was until today. Now I'm a bit nervous
as a truck guy myself we do box frames allot and seeing a rusted frame dont scare us mintruckers at all lol. if you know a welder you are def good to go as long as it's not all up into the undercariage.

chris91

Reaction score
Ive seen Mustangs with worse on the front frame rails. And after they were fixed you could never tell. Definitely fixable, just gonna take some time.

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
I'm glad my Bronco frame is in good shape. It may be a piece of shit but I wouldn't trade it for anything. (Well maybe some things lol)

Brought to you from a a land far far far very far veryy very far away

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
It's a sigh of relief to know it's fixable, well hopefully. You can't see all that's wrong with it lol. But I'll find out soon enough

Justang

Reaction score
I was going to say, maybe turn it into a parts/donor HEEP. Seems like some think it can be repaired though, so I wish you well and hope you don't find any other "hidden" flaws.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm gonna find surprises man lol I never get through anything without finding more than a bargained for.. And I never mean that in a good way lol

Rallim

Reaction score
holy SHIT that's nasty. I'm surprised that's the only problem it's had, that thing's not safe....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online