Can you fix this?

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Richard you are a dick hahaha. I'm sure I'd be smarter cutting my losses but then I'll be stuck in a vert camaro all winter and with my job that's just no bueno

Sent from my SCH-I605

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
You might start looking into a doner vehical. Or just a good frame, and transfer everything over.
Frame steel is harder (tempered) than regular sheet steel. Any welding on it can make the origional frame weeker by untempering the origional steel. Welding on a light weight mini truck frame might be fine IMO but on a 4x4 frame and turning monster truck tires is another story.
Body shops are not allowed to weld on frames for that reason.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this.... Get ready for a journey...it's gonna be a doozie and you might be needing some rain gear with it... Or suck it up and drive your mustang what's the big deal about that?????????

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
You might start looking into a doner vehical. Or just a good frame, and transfer everything over.
Frame steel is harder (tempered) than regular sheet steel. Any welding on it can make the origional frame weeker by untempering the origional steel. Welding on a light weight mini truck frame might be fine IMO but on a 4x4 frame and turning monster truck tires is another story.
Body shops are not allowed to weld on frames for that reason.

That's a good point that I totally forgot about. I'm not betting this is gonna end well. It's been my chain of luck recently lol

I'm gonna say this.... Get ready for a journey...it's gonna be a doozie and you might be needing some rain gear with it... Or suck it up and drive your mustang what's the big deal about that?????????

Because I have to drive entirely too far for work to risk getting stuck in the snow somewhere man. I would have to find some taller Springs and snow tires then keep my fingers crossed that I don't get any issues with it. It already leaks oil and diff fluid and the heat barely works. My Mustang is a piece lol

Sent from my SCH-I605

Win

Legend
Reaction score
That's a good point that I totally forgot about. I'm not betting this is gonna end well. It's been my chain of luck recently lol

Because I have to drive entirely too far for work to risk getting stuck in the snow somewhere man. I would have to find some taller Springs and snow tires then keep my fingers crossed that I don't get any issues with it. It already leaks oil and diff fluid and the heat barely works. My Mustang is a piece lol

Sent from my SCH-I605

well looks like your going to have to make some tough decisions

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt