can you have too much...................??

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so heres my issue/question.........

Im going to start collecting more pieces here and there to get this turbo goin on my car. problem is I don't like doing things twice and I eventually plan on building a big cube motor and going bigger on boost. fuel system is one of the first things im going to tackle as my fully original 150k plus mile 1995 fuel system is suspect of slowly wearing out. as earlier stated I don't like doing things more than once if I can avoid it so id rather go ahead and build a fuel system capable of supporting up to.....uuummm.....I don't know...lets say 1k horse!! so in theory if I was to go ahead and put in a return style system capable of those numbers will I have an issue with it trying to over push the injectors or will it do just fine even tho for now I wont be using all that its capable of.......?!?!?!?!

if you follow what im trying to figure out and have a solid answer please feel free to speak up!!!!!! lol

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would a 1000 setup with a sumped tank .

Addermk2

Reaction score
I'm going to run the On3 triple pump setup in a 96-04 tank when the time comes. I'm not a fan of the dumped tank look.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With the rear bumper that I have you'd never be able to see my tank regardless. My biggest concern was actually has just been if I build to big of a fuel system with too big of injectors and everything that it might be too much on a stock block/small turbo setup. Next summer I plan on getting a dart block to go big with but I'm too impatient and want to play with the turbo that I have now. In theory it makes sense to me that since it's a return style that all the extra fuel will just dump back to the tank and even tho the injectors will be too big that the ECM just wouldn't open them more than needed.

Question is does theory transfer to application in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addermk2

Reaction score
evilcw311 said:
Question is does theory transfer to application in this instance.

No.

A return style fuel system is exactly that... fuel that is unused is simply sent back to the tank. When the fuel rail builds pressure, the injectors are actually forced closed. The ecumenical must pull them open against the force of the fuel pressure.

Fwiw, in the Evo and STi communities, people daily drive their cars with 1000cc injectors as a common practice.

A good tuner could run a stock 302 on 80-96lb injectors with very little trouble.

95opal

Reaction score
Overbuilding a fuel system is never a bad thing with these cars. Ive seen way to many guys forego building a proper fuel system only to have it bite them in the ass later. Not sure on the power level your shooting for but assuming that a dart block is on your list I wouldn't mess around.

Sumped FTW

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are totally confirming what I was already thinking/hoping!!!! It's very much appreciated!!!!!!

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
No.

A return style fuel system is exactly that... fuel that is unused is simply sent back to the tank. When the fuel rail builds pressure, the injectors are actually forced closed. The ecumenical must pull them open against the force of the fuel pressure.

Fwiw, in the Evo and STi communities, people daily drive their cars with 1000cc injectors as a common practice.

A good tuner could run a stock 302 on 80-96lb injectors with very little trouble.

This.. I ran my hci with 80lbs while I was getting the Sc stuff all together..

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I run Glenns 1000hp system with twin Walbro pump setup. Great quality parts, great customer setup, and looks badass. Highly recommend his products.

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do their summed tanks use the factory filler neck!?!

410sn95

Reaction score
I run Glenns 1000hp system with twin Walbro pump setup. Great quality parts, great customer setup, and looks badass. Highly recommend his products.

Nice, I run his dual walbro system as well but with sumped sleeper tank. Your making me want the rear sump, looks good!

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not really sure which tank I want to run. As big as my rear bumper is you won't be able to see either. From a performance standpoint how much difference is there between the sleeper and the regular dump tank!?!?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Nice, I run his dual walbro system as well but with sumped sleeper tank. Your making me want the rear sump, looks good!

Thanks man! It's not for everyone, i just love the old school sump look. Best thing about Glenn's systems is it is VERY easy to turn your dual walbro pump setup into a triblock and triple pump. Tons of room to grow.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Sump looks pretty sic.... I like the looks of what's in the mmr system. Might have to check out the Glenn system

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

95opal

Reaction score
The glenn kits are nice as stated no guess work and everything you need is there. I was gonna go that way myself but just couldn't get over the price for the kit. So I started to look around at what I needed and found out I could source all the parts for a set up at a bit of savings. Wound up with a complete system for a little over $1100, now this may not be for you but for me to save a few bucks on the fuel system was a big bonus. Another plus was I had a bit more options on cell size and how I wanted it to sit and look in the car. JFYI, I do see some glenns systems come up on corral from time to time so you may want to keep your eyes open over there.

Heres a list of parts I used to give ya an idea of what you would need.

Fuel pump: Aeromotive A1000 and Aeromotive speed controler
Fuel filters: Aeromotive 10 and 100 micron
Fuel cell : RCI 19 gallon
Lines: 20' 12an, 20 ' 8an and fittings

Parts I already had and you would need If you don't currently have

BBRC fuel rails,
Aeromotive A1000 regulator

That's pretty much all that's needed, of course brands of components may differ depending on what kind of deals you come across or how you want to go about it.

Another thing to consider would be to sump your own tank and find a double pump set up. Theres A lot to consider if you do your own system compared to a kit but you can save money and have a bit more customization options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.