Can you paint a Vortech?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Im sure its possible, but what would be something good to use? I was thinking that engine enamel like what Dal used on his valve covers would be good. the reason why i ask is im probably gonna dump my nitrous kit and get this...

SC2.jpg

SC1.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :bunny3:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i definitely wouldn't do that. whether its high temp or not..its trapping in heat. When i had my old mustang i wanted to paint the upper intake and many people said don't do it due to it creates more heat.

SonicStang

Reaction score
Good question, I was thinking of doing the same. Not red but black or silver...

SonicStang

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
powder coating would look good, but the heat issue could be a problem.

Yup I recently talked to a professional powdercoater, he told me tearing it apart would be the only possible way to powdercoat it.

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
red = :puke: :puke:

polishing it would look awesome!

its red right now, i was gunna repaint it like silver os something...im probably gonna go see it this weekend.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
lol you bought it red???...... well if you dont like the red sand it down or strip the paint with acetone..... i was goin to do the powdercoat myself to my chargerbut like everyone said im not to sure bout the heat problems

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
lol you bought it red???...... well if you dont like the red sand it down or strip the paint with acetone..... i was goin to do the powdercoat myself to my chargerbut like everyone said im not to sure bout the heat problems

i havent bought it yet, but for th eprice it could have been pink for all i care.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Polishing it also makes it retain heat more than the satin poress finish.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
painting the intake makes that big of a difference... guess ill have too see if i can polish it up instead

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
painting the intake makes that big of a difference... guess ill have too see if i can polish it up instead
i really dont see it making a huge diff. i could see if you were really big into getting the most out of what you have but, if you are just looking for a diff look, i say go for it.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well actually it just looks shitty. its a stock coba intake and the black behind the lettering is worn off for the most part and the intake itself just looks crappy. Maybe ill just clean it up then repaint the black part black or maybe dfg. It shouldnt make much of a diff it aint that much of an area

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online