Can't figure this guy out

PinkieT

Reaction score
Local dude parts out Mustangs on Craigslist. He gets a car, then posts pics of the cars with a list of parts and prices. Saw some pieces I wanted and I e-mailed twice, no response. A week later I texted, he said they were sold. I asked how long ago and he said a week or two. I asked why the post hadn't been updated and he said "I don't have time to update ads all the time I have lots of parts". I asked him why he wasted my time, and we went back and forth on who should be doing what.

Me, I post a lot of stuff on Craigslist. I have the courtesy to update the postings when individual parts are sold and to delete posts once stuff is all gone. This guy has the time to take the cars apart, take pics, post the ads, and repost every few days, but not the time to keep them updated???? If he doesn't want to answer e-mails, why not say so in the post? Not the way to keep customers happy and get their money, in my opinion. Am I off base on this?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your not expecting the least out of the craigs list add your setting yourself up for failure. Its up to him if he wants to update it or not and yea it would be nice for him to respond but again your setting yourself up for failure. On the flip side of the coin I expect maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 people that respond to my adds as serious and not just wanting to know what they could get if for, if they had cash....

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
if your not expecting the least out of the craigs list add your setting yourself up for failure. Its up to him if he wants to update it or not and yea it would be nice for him to respond but again your setting yourself up for failure. On the flip side of the coin I expect maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 people that respond to my adds as serious and not just wanting to know what they could get if for, if they had cash....

I guess I'm funny in that I expect people to treat me with the same respect I give them. I have had a lot of great experiences on Craigslist and met some fine people. Got some bargains, too - Cobra rear axle and front brakes, Accufab throttle body and plenum, trunk struts, Kenny Brown strut brace, convertible boot cover, etc. Like any other group, it is 5% bad apples that give the other 95% a bad name.

Yeah, I've had my share of people who promise to show and don't. Strangely enough, it is more common when I am posting something for free. Go figure...

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I posted 65 items in 2015 and 56 year to date in 2016. Yes, I know Craigslist.

Mack

Reaction score
I guess I'm funny in that I expect people to treat me with the same respect I give them.

I don't want to sound like a grumpy old man because I refuse to accept I am one, but although the attitude is applaudable, you will most likely be disappointed a lot. Don't let it get to you though. It's not you, it's them.

Sometimes, don't get into a discussion but let them dig their own hole. It's not worth it, they will never see it.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm done with this joker. I have bought thousands of dollars of parts from him in the past, seemed like a nice guy. No idea what happened to his attitude. He lost a customer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online