Can't figure this guy out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PinkieT, Oct 13, 2016.

  1. PinkieT

    PinkieT Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,648
    Likes Received:
    390
    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2015
    Location:
    Cleveland
    Local dude parts out Mustangs on Craigslist. He gets a car, then posts pics of the cars with a list of parts and prices. Saw some pieces I wanted and I e-mailed twice, no response. A week later I texted, he said they were sold. I asked how long ago and he said a week or two. I asked why the post hadn't been updated and he said "I don't have time to update ads all the time I have lots of parts". I asked him why he wasted my time, and we went back and forth on who should be doing what.

    Me, I post a lot of stuff on Craigslist. I have the courtesy to update the postings when individual parts are sold and to delete posts once stuff is all gone. This guy has the time to take the cars apart, take pics, post the ads, and repost every few days, but not the time to keep them updated???? If he doesn't want to answer e-mails, why not say so in the post? Not the way to keep customers happy and get their money, in my opinion. Am I off base on this?
     
  2. ttocs

    ttocs Legend

    Messages:
    25,466
    Likes Received:
    2,489
    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2009
    Location:
    Evansville Indiana
    if your not expecting the least out of the craigs list add your setting yourself up for failure. Its up to him if he wants to update it or not and yea it would be nice for him to respond but again your setting yourself up for failure. On the flip side of the coin I expect maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 people that respond to my adds as serious and not just wanting to know what they could get if for, if they had cash....
     
  3. PinkieT

    PinkieT Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,648
    Likes Received:
    390
    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2015
    Location:
    Cleveland
    I guess I'm funny in that I expect people to treat me with the same respect I give them. I have had a lot of great experiences on Craigslist and met some fine people. Got some bargains, too - Cobra rear axle and front brakes, Accufab throttle body and plenum, trunk struts, Kenny Brown strut brace, convertible boot cover, etc. Like any other group, it is 5% bad apples that give the other 95% a bad name.

    Yeah, I've had my share of people who promise to show and don't. Strangely enough, it is more common when I am posting something for free. Go figure...
     
  4. ttocs

    ttocs Legend

    Messages:
    25,466
    Likes Received:
    2,489
    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2009
    Location:
    Evansville Indiana
    %5 bad apples on craigslist? Again your setting yourself up for failure....
     
  5. Frank.JD.Perez

    Frank.JD.Perez Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,823
    Likes Received:
    70
    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2013
    Location:
    Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
    Sounds like your typical cl specialist hahah
     
  6. PinkieT

    PinkieT Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,648
    Likes Received:
    390
    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2015
    Location:
    Cleveland
    I posted 65 items in 2015 and 56 year to date in 2016. Yes, I know Craigslist.
     
  7. Mack

    Mack Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,231
    Likes Received:
    52
    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2010
    Location:
    Rotterdam, Netherlands, Netherlands

    I don't want to sound like a grumpy old man because I refuse to accept I am one, but although the attitude is applaudable, you will most likely be disappointed a lot. Don't let it get to you though. It's not you, it's them.

    Sometimes, don't get into a discussion but let them dig their own hole. It's not worth it, they will never see it.
     
  8. PinkieT

    PinkieT Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,648
    Likes Received:
    390
    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2015
    Location:
    Cleveland
    Yeah, I'm done with this joker. I have bought thousands of dollars of parts from him in the past, seemed like a nice guy. No idea what happened to his attitude. He lost a customer.
     
  9. DropTopPony

    DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

    Messages:
    15,342
    Likes Received:
    119
    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2006
    Location:
    South Jersey
    Same guy from Ohio that posts on here and other forums?
     
  10. 96blak54

    96blak54 Legend

    Messages:
    7,472
    Likes Received:
    782
    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2011
    Location:
    Ky
    Do I know him?