can't find my VCL

veggiemike

Reaction score
I went to look up my color code so I can get touch-up paint that's the right color (some shade of red), and I realized my 1995 Mustang GT Convertible doesn't have a VCL! Either that, or it's extremelely well hidden... Anybody know if there's a way to lookup an original VCL by using the VIN or something?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
is it dark red (laser red) like this

Cobra6.jpg

or bright red (rio red) like this

sstout01.jpg

The darker is called laser red and the paint code is E9. I'm not sure what the rio red code is.

OP
OP
V

veggiemike

Reaction score
I think it's the bright red color, but I'm more concerned now with the implications of not having that label... I'm pretty sure that my car had some body work done (on the cheap) by one of the previous owners, so maybe they replaced the door panel and didn't put a new sticker on or something... Does it really matter that I'm missing that sticker?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
veggiemike said:
I think it's the bright red color, but I'm more concerned now with the implications of not having that label... I'm pretty sure that my car had some body work done (on the cheap) by one of the previous owners, so maybe they replaced the door panel and didn't put a new sticker on or something... Does it really matter that I'm missing that sticker?

There are vin numbers all over the car. Check to see if they are matching. (trunk, hood, door, etc.)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
veggiemike said:

No that sticker just makes life easy when you want to find out certain things about your car, like what gears you had, paint code etc etc...you can just take you vin # to the local Ford and they will run it and tell you your paint code since you aren't 100% sure what red it is...they might also be able to order you a new sticker for the door.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
whats this about the mattress sticker? and good luck gettin your situation fixed man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.