Cant get my damn backseats out!

GT3FC

Reaction score
my convertible top is moving so slow that its basically not working. I need to get to the convertible top motor and check the fluid. The problem is that I cant get my back seats out. I found the buttons but the just will not press. I have tried everything from using all different kinds of screwdrivers to trying to use the seat belt fork and it just will not push! any ideas? Its getting to that time of year I would love to drop the top but I need t get to the motor!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with one of my clips... The button pushed in but it did not release the seat... It took a butter knife and the butt of a screw driver to get the button to actually release the seat. Idk how it breaks like that but that's just how I got my car...
If you can't get the button to work your other option is to cut the seat out... I doubt you'd want to do that though...

chaos254

Reaction score
You can access the motor through the trunk also. I use a screw driver to press them in. You might end up breaking them if they are stuck

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the bottom portion? You may have chewed up the retaining clips and it's not going in.

99-04-seat-delete-01.jpg

You may have to cut/grind off the portion that is not going through.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
You can access the motor through the trunk also. I use a screw driver to press them in. You might end up breaking them if they are stuck

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

agreed...I was able to take My carpet out in literally 1 min to get to all that. I was only removing mine for the rear shock replacement.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
The retaining clip is most likely stuck. Mine got stuck, so I grabbed hold of the seat and shook it as hard as I could and it got it unhooked.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
forgot to mention you want to push it down/back at the same time as pushing the button. I have used a piece of wood and a hammer before as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online