Cant have nothing nice. :(

VooDoo95Cobra

Reaction score
So a lady pulled out in front of me a couple of days ago. I was in the right hand lane and she was in the far left. She decided that because she missed her turn it would be okay to cut across to make her turn. I swerved right but not in time to miss and we sideswiped each other. Luckily a cop was just a few cars back and saw the whole thing. I was pretty upset thats for sure. Good news is, the brand new wheels(on less than a week) are okay. Looks like crystal is getting a new paint job.
u7udutyb.jpg
zu3y8eba.jpg
ma6a8uqy.jpg
zubyby6a.jpg
e7a8ezyt.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RabidPony

Reaction score
I got hit in the exact same spot in my 98 less than two days after getting it. Almost the same situation too. Make sure the body shop color matches the paint or it'll end up looking funky. Even better, ask how much more it would cost to paint the whole car. She''l be good as new soon enough.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
sorry that happened but glad everyone is okay. The quarter panel looks the worst of it all but still not terrible. Good luck with it all

ProKiller

Reaction score
good call on getting the whole car painted. going to make any changes before it goes for paint? should definitely have the mirrors painted to match.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
It's a good thing it wasn't worse on the rear quarter. They love to total these cars over that.

Sucks it happened but it could have been much worse. Glad your ok :)

OP
OP
VooDoo95Cobra

VooDoo95Cobra

Reaction score
good call on getting the whole car painted. going to make any changes before it goes for paint? should definitely have the mirrors painted to match.

I was really wanting to go with a 281 spoiler but now that the new wheels are on I kinda dig the look. I think im just going to get the mirrors painted with the car and if I can swing it, go ahead and have the 03-04 Termi Black cloth top put on. Do I have to have the 94-95 smooth mirrors to have them painted?

ProKiller

Reaction score
you don't have to but you'll want to sand them down smooth before paint.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Id say get any body pieces youve been wanting and throw them on there before you get it painted :grin:

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I'm waiting to get mine sideswiped one day and get a free paint job lol.

OP
OP
VooDoo95Cobra

VooDoo95Cobra

Reaction score
ya. the good thing is that there was a hole in the front cover from a receiver hitch on a titan. oops. as well as a few other little digs and some messed up paint around the windshield area from a botched window install before i got the car. now it all goes away. she will be perfect! im actually kinda excited now. I was so mad when it happened i almost punched an old lady. she was jsut being stupid and not paying attention. kept it under control though. looking forward to getting it all done. taking it by the body shop in about an hour to get the low down on everything. Ill keep you guys posted. maybe after she is done she will be ROTM worthy!!!

Darhawk

Reaction score
That's suck man!! Glad your not hurt. I hate those double turning lanes, especially here in Colorado. Nobody can stay in their lane, 8/10 time they cross over into your lane. It's so dangerous!!!!
Hopefully you can get it back together sooner than later, but what a pain in the ass. Since it's spring and time to cruise!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
This is an obvious "blessing in disguise" Mr. VooDoo95Cobra ... How? Soon that factory 'clear coat' would've bubbled, started peeling and then the paint would start to exfoliate itself. Very strange phenomenon but it happens to most every ZR/Crystal White car I've ever seen. Including mine:

33768342-9C26-42DB-B343-C9A9AF792F4D-7556-0000062318F3E925_zps44b1ba65.jpg

769A81F6-101C-4906-9DB6-5A1646479D9B-10317-000009EBECFEA4D7_zps0f602e03.jpg

Complete repaint is the only fix, hence the "blessing in disguise" and now I want Waffle House...

:mustangchris: :handz: :deeplist: :white95:

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That sucks bro.. Atleast your good and the car's getting a full respray. Definitely have the mirrors matched to the body, did it on mine and it looks so much better.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Man you got really lucky the cop was around. A old Q-tip hit me in my wife's car and she couldn't even read the exchange of info the cop gave us. Worst part of it was he wouldn't give that blind lady a ticket and we were both found at fault.

OP
OP
VooDoo95Cobra

VooDoo95Cobra

Reaction score
well i dropped it off at the shop yesterday. her insurance wont pay for the full respray but he is going to touch up all the little dings and reclear the whole car. the guy is a body and paint genius so i need not worry about the paint matching. he is also going to spray the mirrors for me for free. does anyone have any smooth 94-95 mirrors they want to sell or trade for the 96+ mirrors? let me know!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online