Can't move front power seat down.

Dr Fildo

Reaction score
Just had the original seats recovered. Looks fantastic, almost like new. The problem is the power seat is raised up and won't go back down. Is there any way to move the seat manually or fix the switch? It seems as if maybe the connection is loose. The seat motor runs in the 3 other directions (forward, back and up) but just not down. I have to duck my head down when I'm in the car. Looks really cool when I'm driving.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Considering as unreliable the pwr seat tracks are, I'd look into swapping the pwr track out for a manual.
The only other thing I could suggest is to pull it out and look under the seat and try to figure it out.

OP
OP
D

Dr Fildo

Reaction score
Geeze I hope not. I hear the clicking from the switch in all directions except down. And that is an expensive switch!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it could be the switch, the motor or the drive mech. Does it make any noise when you push it? The switch it held on by a screw, take it out and look at the back of the switch. I one time found that the connection to the switch broke behind it and if that is the case I have a hrns that you can swap it out with. If its the motors well I have an extra one of those as well.

OP
OP
D

Dr Fildo

Reaction score
I did pull the switch ttocs. It looks fine. I hear the motor attempting to run when I push it for the forward and back movement; I know it works for the up movement because it moved all the way up and won't come down.

I may have to take you up on the motor...

I just had the leather replaced on the 2 front seats and while the seat would move forward and back with some encouragement while pushing the switch in the proper direction BEFORE the upholstery guy fooled with the seats, now it is just frozen in place. In the WRONG place I might add. So I went back and raised some hell at the shop and the owner of the shop is ordering me some parts.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it could just be a dirty worm gear if you can either feel or hear it moving. Happened to mine years ago so I took it out and first cleaned the gear with WD40 to get the old grease off, then went over it with a small amount of white lithium grease and its been fine since. Otherwise I can pull the motor off of my old track.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Great thread, I never went that far into diagnosing mine. I would go through all the checks before ordering a new switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online