Canton Oil Pan Users - Modular/Pushrod owners

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about that sensor hahaha. If you run your car out of oil I have no sympathy for ya(not directed at you).

But yes that's the slot for the sensor

The D3V

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I am planning on upgrading my oil pan when I get new heads/cams in the future.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
ID call and ask though. I mean 96 was the last year for that sensor so Idk if they make all their pans with that bung.

The D3V

RichV

Reaction score
I don't think so. When I installed my Road Race pan the there is a dedicated bung for the dipstick, the other bung is designed for a temp gauge.

You may be able to use it, but I don't know if the size/thread is correct.

pushrod BTW

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I don't think so. When I installed my Road Race pan the there is a dedicated bung for the dipstick, the other bung is designed for a temp gauge.

You may be able to use it, but I don't know if the size/thread is correct.

pushrod BTW

This seems plausible. If that bung is made for a temp guage it could be possible that the oil level sensor can fit.

What did you do with your oil level sensor I know the 94-96's came with them since you installed the road race pan?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
My level sensor was not threaded. ..... if it is threaded and you don't want to run a gauge just throw a bolt in it

The D3V

RichV

Reaction score
This seems plausible. If that bung is made for a temp guage it could be possible that the oil level sensor can fit.

What did you do with your oil level sensor I know the 94-96's came with them since you installed the road race pan?

My pan came with the NPT plugs for both bungs. I do not have a oil sensor installed, never bothered with it in the race car.

Something to think about .. even if the stock level sensor fits in there, the 5.0 level sensor is made to mount horizontaly. The Canton hole is vertical, would it even work? I don't think the 5.0 would the more I think about it. My wire is not connected to anything and I do not get a oil light in the dash. Not sure on the 4.6 tho.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
My pan came with the NPT plugs for both bungs. I do not have a oil sensor installed, never bothered with it in the race car.

Something to think about .. even if the stock level sensor fits in there, the 5.0 level sensor is made to mount horizontaly. The Canton hole is vertical, would it even work? I don't think the 5.0 would the more I think about it. My wire is not connected to anything and I do not get a oil light in the dash. Not sure on the 4.6 tho.

The 4.6L oil level sender is vertical on the driver side of the pan so that is why I thought that bung was made for it, maybe....maybe not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online