Car buries rev limiter on a hard takeoff? Whats the problem?

snoball

Reaction score
If i get on it from a stop and hold my foot to the floor in my auto if will bury the need all the way down to 7 grand. I dont know why? Kind of annoying on trying to get a good run and it hits that. Anyone know why its going up so damn high.

OP
OP
S

snoball

Reaction score
Too bad its 70 degrees.. Really wierd Missouri weather, 20 one week and 5 inches of ice 3week ago and then its been 70 for the last week. Unheard of in December for us.

Anyone know why?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is weird, im not a auto guy so I cant help ya, do you have a shift kit, mabye its supposed to go that high and you should get a rpm extender? But that seems damn high, shouldnt it shift by 6k?

OP
OP
S

snoball

Reaction score
No shift kit, just a stall and 373s. If i drive it normal, itll shift much lower.

97vertstang

Reaction score
7k????? are u sure???? something is difenitely wrong, first of all u should have a rev limiter at 6100 or so. second, ur auto tranny should definitely shift sooner. if u keep shifting at 7k expect a rod through the block!!!!

OP
OP
S

snoball

Reaction score
Trust me. Ive seen it bang all the way to the bottom and hit that little pin.. then it stutter go down to about 6 then shift.

And if the rod goes then 331 with nitrous will be installed :dancing6:

FASTANG

Reaction score
Hs it always been that way, or did it just start?

I had the same problem and mine just started one day, it turned out to be my dizzy was going bad. I asked a buddy with a SN-95 if I could borrow his for 5 minutes and it went away like magic.

OP
OP
S

snoball

Reaction score
Yeah it just started one day actually. Funny you say that, my dizzy cap has a small crack in it. This is very exciting to me that someone had the same problem and its such an easy fix (if the problem is the dizzy).

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONCE! I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online