Car dies at idle after hci swap

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
My car dies when I put it into drive or reverse or sitting at a stop for a while after it warms up, I have to keep the rpms at about 900 other wise it chugs once or twice and eventually dies. I have the e303 cam w/ a 2400 converter, would that be causing it to do that? I was prob. going to get a bigger stall next year anyways (like a 3200).

OP
OP

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
We checked it and it is working fine, except when I put it into gear then it reads higher than it fluctuates from where it should be to higher than it should be.

S

scarface

Have you checked your TPS? You are describing the exact problem my car recenly developed...It is the TPS on mine.

OP
OP

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Have you checked your TPS? You are describing the exact problem my car recenly developed...It is the TPS on mine.
Havent had time to check it out, but I will give it a shot.

Downshift

Reaction score
Did you just put the cam in? That was my biggest worry about putting the e303 cam in my car. I heard that they do not go well with some peoples cars and they need to get it tuned afterwards, but most people do not have a problem.

OP
OP

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Did you just put the cam in? That was my biggest worry about putting the e303 cam in my car. I heard that they do not go well with some peoples cars and they need to get it tuned afterwards, but most people do not have a problem.
Yeah just put it in. I disconnected the battery for a while and that helped a little bit, it dosent die nearly as much now. I'm gonna have to get a tune on it next spring.

Downshift

Reaction score
Thats what I have heard. Good to hear that you at least got it to do it less often. Your car looks nice man, next time I need tires I will be getting a set of those. Goodluck.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
94darkhorse said:
5.0wned said:
Yeah just put it in. I disconnected the battery for a while and that helped a little bit, it dosent die nearly as much now. I'm gonna have to get a tune on it next spring.
So you used the e303 cam? What heads and intake? And how big of a difference did it make?

OP
OP

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
94darkhorse said:
5.0wned said:
So you used the e303 cam? What heads and intake? And how big of a difference did it make?
I went with AFR 165's w/ 58 cc instead of the 60 and I have an Eddy's Performer 5.0 intake that has a stage 3 port. After @ 2200-2500 rpm it kicks really hard. I need to get steeper gears either 3.73's or 4.10's tho. So far, other than the dieing issue I love it and it sounds great to.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
im going to go with the same set up pretty much, except for im going to get 1.7 rockers and a trickflow intake. Money permitting lol.

OP
OP

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
im going to go with the same set up pretty much, except for im going to get 1.7 rockers and a trickflow intake. Money permitting lol.
You'll like it.

OP
OP

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
94darkhorse said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
You'll like it.
how hp you thinking?
I couldnt even tell you, I will say between 200 and 500 lol, It has a lot of top end power, I'll say 280ish for a guess idk. I will hopefully get it to a dyno next summer.

venom97

Reaction score
i know my 95 has a hole drilled in the throttle body and that helped alot. mine would die without it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.