Car has trouble starting

spdracer

Reaction score
hey i have a 97 mustang gt, and about 86% of the time when i do a cold start on it, i turn the key over it fires to about 1000rpm then starts to stutter and eventually dies unless i tap the gas pedal 7or8 times... doesnt do this when warm, and it started off just once in awhile and lately it just starts to happend more and more.. any suggestions? i have already replace plugs, wires, fuel filter, and got a new idler pully.

white98gt

Reaction score
i'm thinking --- clean your iac, idle air control valve. at the front of your intake plenum, held on with 2 bolts. clean that with carb cleaner. also, maybe dirty injectors. anyone else?

96gt226410

Reaction score
Most likely IAC. It's like $50 at Advanced Auto. If cleaning it is what you want, just do like what it says up there and use carb cleaner.

OP
OP
S

spdracer

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, cleaned it out and seems to fire up waaay bettre now! thanks!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you might as well get a new one if that solved it cause it will only be temperary....

OP
OP
S

spdracer

Reaction score
if i cleaned it and now it works, you say that its just temporary what is causing this to keep gettin dirty and whats the difference if i were to just buy a new one how would that stop this problem permantly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online