Car Has trouble starting

NORTON98

Reaction score
My car has trouble starting. It does it when its cold and warm. It started better with a full tank of gas.

Things ive checked
IAC VALVE-cleaned with carb cleaner
MAF-clean with carb cleaner-------Can I clean the actual sensor with the carb cleaner?

The battery is good and has a charge. The car cranks over fast it just has trouble starting...

Anybody?

Mike

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what are the symptoms? Do you mean it takes a few seconds of cranking for it to start? Thats fairly common with our cars depending on how long it takes...

ripper

Reaction score
Try changing your fuel filter mike. Also when ya start it turn the key and give the pump a few seconds to pressure up.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Stevo said:
when ya start it turn the key and give the pump a few seconds to pressure up.

Ditto.

Also, if you cleaned the MAF with carb cleaner, and you didn't clean the sensor, that what the hell did you clean?
Cleand the MAFS with electronic parts cleaner. Spray it from about 12-18 inches away.

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
lol i dont know what the hell i cleaned... :hammer:

I had my fuel filter changed about 1500 miles ago.... So in the future ill let the fuel pump pressurize up a lil and see if that helps. Im gonna run to a parts store to get the cleaner... ;)

Mike

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
does it sound like my car:

just listen to the first 10 seconds: http://media.putfile.com/mac-catback-mac-catted

If i stop in between the cranking it makes a loud screeching starter going bad sound. I doubt its the starter, but it seems alot of mustangs have this long starting problem. My car use to crank up alot faster than this i know for a fact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online