car is acting like crap?

jaystang98

Reaction score
hey ive been trying to figure out what is wrong with my car for a while now, its kinda hard to explain so, it accelerates fine up to 1/4 throttle and anything after that there is no power and it like bucks pretty bad and now its getting worse.
can anybody help me, or give me any suggestions what the hell is wrong with my car????
thanks

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Any check engine lights? Cats might be clogged, may need a tune up, did you change the fuel filter since you've owned it?

OP
OP
J

jaystang98

Reaction score
i already replaced the o2 sensors, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plus, and MAF, it dosnt have cats, the check engine light keeps comming on for the 02 sensor and the is also a code for the imrc is sticking. and how do u clean the IAC????

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Did you put a new set of plug wires on it.

Could also be fuel injectors.

I had a truck I was working on once, ran great untill about 1200 RPM's, then it would break up like a bastard. Turned out one of the fuel injectors had a broken spring inside, and could not handle the presures at higher RPM's.

Just a thought. I would try plug wires though.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Def clean the imrc's, its easy and just takes time to do. The car will be a lot faster after you do this.

OP
OP
J

jaystang98

Reaction score
i took it to ford today and found out that it is the secondary runner control module needs to be replace and that it is stuck, does anybody know anything about that??

G

GREG@SN95

welp... fix it...

i have no idea wtf a control module is...

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Did you try cleaning the carbon off first? Ford tech guy said I probably have to replace my imrc's and the controller box. It just ended up being a connection that needed some dieletric grease and some carbon that needed to be scrubbed off.

OP
OP
J

jaystang98

Reaction score
i did try it but i dont know how to take off some stuff like, how do u take off the coolant tubes, and how u take off the fuel rails, if somone could help me that would be cool

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Coolant tubes: just pull them up and gently shake em back and forth to help them come out. Make sure you remove the 4 bolts holding them in first. Fuel rails: you'll need a special tool, like $9 at advance auto. There are also 4 bolts holding this bad boy down. Lift carefully and dont worry if some of the injectors get stuck on the intake manifold. Make sure you release the pressure in the rail too first. Just take your time so you dont make any mistakes. Where are you located at?

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Damn, too far away to come over and help ya. We do have a few guys from florida that may live close to you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online