Car keys got stolen...

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
You might be able to slip something down between the window and the weather stripping to hit the unlock button.
Then you'll have the problem for getting a new key.

I didn't see that the doors are locked. our cars are some of the easiest to break into. I did it with a twig from a tree one time. Just take a coat hanger and it slides easily between the window and the rear seal. I have seen where some lock rods stick up enough that with a hook on the end of the coat hanger you can grab the rod and pull it up, or as he said try to hit the unlock button.

I remember my youth. I would lock myself out of the car all the time! Got to the point when if I had a wire coat hanger, I could break into my car within seconds. Needless to say, that scared a lot of people. I remember just days after getting a new job, locking myself out during lunch break. It was in the office parking lot, so I asked around to see if anyone had a wire hanger. My coworker lived next door, and offered to go get it. So he, and for some reason, my new boss, watched me break into my car. I think he just wanted to see if I could do it, as these aren’t the typical things 25yo women do.

Later, I went straight to Pep Boys for one of those magnetic key holders, and ordered better lock pegs, where a hanger could not lift. I had those umbrella style ones which I guess wasn’t OEM.

But you can still hit the switches. It’s harder to do, but possible.

My drivers side door lock was damaged a couple of years ago when some other A-hole tried to steal my car out of the driveway in the middle of the night. I bought new door locks a while back from LMR but I still need to install them.

It's a bummer that some people are so willing to steal your stuff but that is the world we live in...

The nerve of some people! 20 something year old fords are insanely expensive! And used parts are just as bad!!! /sarcasm But seriously, how messed up is your life that you’re willing to risk getting shot over something with such value?

My wife's jewelry, couple of iPods, change..
Luckiy they didn't into the garage where I have bikes, tools and the Cobra.

Someone once did a sweep of out neighborhood once. I did not lock the car. They left the dash cam but stole my 2005 iPod nano. It was only 10yo at the time, but still, who risks a criminal record over a 10yo iPod? The iPod was engraved with my name, so could not be sold. The battery also did not work, so unless it was plugged in to a power source, it also would not work. The screen... ...you guessed it, also did not work. I used the cars factory head unit to navigate. The thief risked getting shot at for a broken engraved 10yo iPod!

I hope not to be admonished by admin but D!@# a thief! Sooner or later, they will try to steal stuff someone actually worked for and that person will give them lead poisoning and rid the world of their sorry @$$.

Since it was the entire street, I had an officer come out. I felt foolish for filing a report. I assumed I could just piggy back on someone else’s since it was one single event. But he agreed with me about how stupid the theft was, as in my state, castle law covers your vehicle. He truly could have been killed over it. I don’t know what he’s stealing, just that he’s in there. And that I also hoped he was a minor, because if 17yo or older... ...imagine not being able to work a simple part time service/retail job because you got caught stealing a broken 10yo iPod. @$$hole probably just trashed it as soon as he got to a safe place anyway. Worthless, but I still loved and used it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.