Car looks like a monster truck after the H&R SS springs were installed...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
thats good to know. I'm just intrigued b/c yours with polys is at least as low if not lower than mine with the stock rubbers. I've been toying w/ the idea of removing a front isolator, probably the bottom one, but I have not decided what Ima do yet.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
question

isolators or not
im about to lowwer my car and dont know if i should use the isolators or not.
and just as the starter of the thread askd, does it clank clank alot without them or not

theponyfactor

Reaction score
I haven't installed springs, but I have read about it and I'm pretty sure that you need to make sure they are the exact same way the other one's were. If it is different than the stock ones were i think that could be the cause of the high ride look. I think you should be able to notice the drop from hr ss right away.

Reaction score
StopSign32v, what's the outcome man? You get everything worked out? Where's the pics?

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been more worried about HCI. But anyways I have some CC plates coming that I have to put on. The way the car is now its eating the insides of my tires so I haven't driven it in forever. But when the CC plates get here I'm going to take out the lower isolators on all 4 corners. I could take a pic if you guys wanted but it basically looks like a stock ride height minus about half an inch. :rant:

I'll get my girl's camera tomorrow afternoon and take some pictures.

GDawg

Reaction score
I put H&R SS on my car with polyurethane isolators and I got 1-3/4" drop in the front and 1-1/2" drop in the rear.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Well I got it straightened out...I took out the rear isolators and left the front in and it looks good. The only other thing I might do is take out the lower isolators on the front. O0

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
just take out all the isolators... 8) :hammer:

No the car looks good right now except if you look at it long enough you make yourself think that the front end needs to be lowered ALITTLE ???

Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
just take out all the isolators... 8) :hammer:

Good deal! I think I'm going to take the isolators out the front next weekend just to drop the front a tad.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I think I will too...when I put the battery in the trunk and take off the iron heads for the aluminum heads the car will probably sit alittle higher in the front. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online