Car looks like a monster truck after the H&R SS springs were installed...

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Well I had the springs installed about 2 months ago and the car still sits like stock in the rear. :puke: The front looks OK but could use alittle more drop. Its got H&R SS springs and poly isolators. I'm thinking about yanking out all the isolators and seeing how it sits. The only thing that I'm afraid of is road noise. Will it be "CLACK CLACK CLACK" when I go over bumps or will it not be that bad? :dunno:

d_punch

Reaction score
did you put also change your shocks and struts with the new lowered springs?

or did you leave the stock ones in?

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I don't know the stock number, I bought the springs from MM and they are the light blue color that comes on the SS's. I also changed the struts and shocks to Bilstein HD's. Will taking out the isolators make ALOT of noise? The front looks ok but the back is jacked up! :rant:

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya lets see some pics man. When I put mine in (Still installed) The back dropped more than the front. The back is WAY low on mine.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Ya lets see some pics man. When I put mine in (Still installed) The back dropped more than the front. The back is WAY low on mine.
did you install both rear springs with the pig tail on the bottom pointing to the drivers side?

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
All I have is a camera phone and you won't be able to tell much with that. :-\

Downshift

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
5.0wned said:
did you install both rear springs with the pig tail on the bottom pointing to the drivers side?

You know I really have no idea haha. Never heard of having to do one or the other. I know on the fronts I put it down into the grove its supposed to. I hvae the insolaters on the rear and I think the reason mine looks lower than it really is, is because how low profile my tires are and how worn out they are. Im sure its not any lower than what its supposed to.

Thread starter. Since you dont have a camera if you want to go measure somewhere how far off the ground you car is and get back to me I will measure and see if they're similar just throwing that out there.

W

Wes8398

I don't have experience with those springs in particular, but almost every lowering spring has a "settling" period where they will settle another 1/2 inch or more over a month or so. Your rear end may look jacked up right now because the rear end doesn't have the weight to settle the new springs faster. Your front end is nice and heavy, so they wont need as much time to settle....maybe none.
One thing you can try is putting something pretty heavy in your trunk ... sand bags or something of that sort ... a few hundred pounds worth ... that'll help the springs settle a little faster.

Another thing that COULD be going on is that your rear springs aren't seated in the isolators properly ... maybe they're sitting on the edge of the isolator, instead of right inside it. Or maybe an edge is folded over into the groove or something. I know when I put my Eibachs in, the rear isolators were a pain in the ass to get in place properly.

W

Wes8398

H&R's aren't a bad spring, but they drop the care more. So if you don't get struts that are made to ride 2-2.5" lower then your stockers, then your ride will suffer a LOT. I kept my stock struts (just till i have the money for replacements) and I put the Eibach Pro Kit springs on. My ride quality (softness of ride) suffered a lot. But handelling improved drastically. I don't complain about it though, because I couldn't expect much from the stock struts that are 150,000 KM's old. I think they're doing well actually.

To the thread starter, before you freak out too much, read my post a few up from here.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I agree about the settling period, mine took a day or two to settle.

And no way are the eibachs better, give the H&Rs some time, or double check the install.

Daywalker

Reaction score
I just yanked out my Steeda Sports for H & R Supersports about a week ago. Initially, the drop looked about the same. But I didn't factor in that the Steedas had been on for over a year, and the H & Rs were brand new. After a few days, they settled down a bit and look great. Once I drive the car a couple more times, I'm sure they'll only settle in better. Give it some time and yours should too. Good luck! :thumb:

Reaction score
I'll say it - something is messed up in the install, whether it be pigtail direction, isolators, or a combo. Post up a pic of the side of your car. Probably way off base here, but you might want to match up your stock number of the springs with MM - maybe they sent you the vert springs or for another year?

Not a current pic but this is with SS and Pro-thane isolators.
89458.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Well I just noticed today that the car seems to be sitting alittle lower so maybe its settling down? Anyways I will get my girl's camera soon and take some pics and you guys tell me what you think. I already checked the pigtails and they are all facing the right way. :dunno:

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
are pro-thane and polyurethane isolators the same? If so, I've heard poly isolators tend to raise the car up a little from stock, but that thing looks pretty low to me. I was afraid to put them in because if anything i want my car lower...

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
are pro-thane and polyurethane isolators the same? If so, I've heard poly isolators tend to raise the car up a little from stock, but that thing looks pretty low to me. I was afraid to put them in because if anything i want my car lower...

Ya - prothane is one of the brand names - polyurethan is the type. MM sells prothane - I think that's why they're known so well. Let me clarify with the isolators - they will provide more height than stock rubber isolators. Because you're running the SS's you will see a slight raise if you put the poly's in. If you want to go lower, just take your rubbers out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.