Car Meets and Shows: big or small and how you should act

Rob04Mach1

Reaction score
Man it just blows me away reading all the post about un-social a-holes at these events, it's so different here in Long Island NY.
I went to two more shows since I last responded to this thread and as usual the chair never came out of the trunk and I was BS-ing with people the entire time. I guess me being older and very social helps plus I've been a motor head my entire life and I know a lot about a lot of vehicles, so I can BS with pretty much anyone, LOL...

Hell Monday night I found a couple of SN95's and other Stangs to park near and even know one was a V6 we still had a lot to talk about, amof the guy bought a Procharger for it and since I've installed and owned many Procharged and Supercharged vehicles I was able to give him a lot of ideas and my Mach 1 was getting a lot of love and compliments from everyone walking by all night long.

I do have to agree that I've found some of the Stang Clubs very clicky but I guess all I can say is you got to find the right events and people and it really doesnt matter what your driving. It's all about your love for cars and when you find people with the same love you cant help but BS all night long and the more you hang out the more you learn about everyone and their vehicles.

Couple of Pics from Monday Night

100_9063.jpg

100_9042.jpg

100_9068.jpg

100_9069.jpg

100_9061.jpg

100_9083.jpg

100_9014.jpg

100_9038.jpg

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I havent had the time to post a detailed post for this thread but this is what I would have wrote up ^ Thank you [MENTION=21249]Rob04Mach1[/MENTION]. By the way, you me and [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] are all near one another. We should try and coordinate one of the end of the summer shows :thumbsup: (If anyone else is near the area of NY and interested in going as a group SPEAK UP!!!!!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I havent had the time to post a detailed post for this thread but this is what I would have wrote up ^ Thank you [MENTION=21249]Rob04Mach1[/MENTION]. By the way, you me and [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] are all near one another. We should try and coordinate one of the end of the summer shows :thumbsup: (If anyone else is near the area of NY and interested in going as a group SPEAK UP!!!!!

I'm down!!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I am local to this and already go to these. I have come to the conclusion though that SN's get very little to no love. . . even from Mustang guys. Its a sad truth. The all Mustang shows though get boring for me. All the same guys doing all the same stuff. American Muscle expecially is an American Rice fest. Paid burnout contests, revving and blowing flames all day. If you dont have a coyote powered car, your car doesnt get the time of day.
Again we shall see this year. If my car doesnt get any more interest than it did last year after the large sum of money I have spent on it building it, this will be the last major event I go to. I will just stick to cars and coffee and sonic type meets from there

That is why I probably won't be going to the AM show this year. Went the past three years and its the same shit. If you don't have a coyote on bags and plastidipped paint or vinyl wrap... you ain't sh*t. Thats sad, and annoying. And the contests and stuff are stupid. Guy that won the exhaust contest last year was running an OPEN HEADER coyote.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
And while the topic is open. We do have local Mustang clubs and I cannot stand them. They all pull up in new coyotes and act like they're better than anyone with an older mustang. Most of them don't even work on their own cars at all. And thats fine, some people don't. They've tried getting me to join the past 4 years and I refuse to haha. They ruin the car scene here, and I don't attend local shows because of that non-sense. Now the import and truck people are the best over here. I go to those shows sometimes and always enjoy em. The difference between imports and domestics always sparks lively conversations.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
That is why I probably won't be going to the AM show this year. Went the past three years and its the same shit. If you don't have a coyote on bags and plastidipped paint or vinyl wrap... you ain't sh*t. Thats sad, and annoying. And the contests and stuff are stupid. Guy that won the exhaust contest last year was running an OPEN HEADER coyote.

And while the topic is open. We do have local Mustang clubs and I cannot stand them. They all pull up in new coyotes and act like they're better than anyone with an older mustang. Most of them don't even work on their own cars at all. And thats fine, some people don't. They've tried getting me to join the past 4 years and I refuse to haha. They ruin the car scene here, and I don't attend local shows because of that non-sense. Now the import and truck people are the best over here. I go to those shows sometimes and always enjoy em. The difference between imports and domestics always sparks lively conversations.

I guess it would make sense that certain locations will have a positive or negative experience based on the people in the area. I have never been to the AM show but I know a few SN95 guys that get excited for the show every year. I was under the impress just like any big event with masses of people their will be groups of morons and groups of people like us. Check out the Fords only photo shoot http://sn95forums.com/showthread.ph...HEAVY)-Spring-2016&highlight=Fords+photoshoot every ford under the sun and every single person their was nice as could be. I'm glad I found a great community that is so diverse. All year fords and all generation mustangs.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
You have to hit me up when you are gonna a hit another cruise. I know your probably not terribly far away from me. Next thing I know I'll be heading to up your direction is CJ's customer appreciation day. I went to a cruise/show at a church outside Lancaster a few weeks ago that was a great time. I'm def always looking for a nice cruise to go to

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Where you located at? I was gonna cancel my ticket to AM and go to CJ instead, but they said they already donated my money, so no dice on that.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
1998Cobra SVT,
I agree with your other post about appreciating my own build. I do. . . its just hard when no one else notices or even comes up to say, wow nice car or anything. Thats why i dont get excited for shows anymore. I go to them to chill and talk with people. I am a very social person and love to see crazy builds. It just gets to me when I see everyone sweating the bone stock coyote car next to me and just go by my car and laugh or not aknowledge it.
I take abuse for having a Yellow Sn convertible like you would not believe. That is part of the reason it is how it is now. Atleast if poeople are going to be snooty and laugh at it, I want them to be like . . . . . oh, its not just a ***** car! when they hear it fire up and hear the cam loping and blower whining . lol.

Anyway, i may be branching off and looking into hanging with another group. They arent Mustang specific, which I like, but sometimes I like just doing Mustang things. I just wish more of these people were more Mustang enthusiasts than people that drive mustangs ya know.
Its tough in my area none the less. I wish i knew some more SN enthusiasts around me.

1bad95

Reaction score
Where you located at? I was gonna cancel my ticket to AM and go to CJ instead, but they said they already donated my money, so no dice on that.
I'm located down in elkton, md. Yeah I went to the first 2 AM shows and that was enough for me. The CJ customer appreciation day has always been a fun cruise/show to go to.

1bad95

Reaction score
I'm located down in elkton, md. I went to the first 2 AM shows and that was enough for me. The CJ customer appreciation day has always been a fun cruise /show

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think people tend to take the shows to seriously. I have seen people get mad when they don't get a trophy and others get mad if people are not all over their car. I have been to many shows, only got one trophy and never cared. If that changes after all the work I put into it them it was not worth it to me. I go to shows for fun...

Rob04Mach1

Reaction score
Anyway, i may be branching off and looking into hanging with another group. They arent Mustang specific, which I like, ....

BINGO!!!

Even know there were thousands of vehicles where I went Monday Night (Bald Hill), I still prefer Old Timers night at Home Depot as I call it, LOL. A small handful of us meet there each and every Wed Night and I'd rather hang out with these 20 or 30 people than go to the Big Shows any day. Most are retired or close to it, many of them have 2 or 3 Muscle Cars, there are Chevys, Fords, Mopars, Pontiacs, AMC, Olds, Electric, just one big happy family WITH NO RICE. HD allows us to hang there and we've been doing it for many many years, we use to have hundreds show but the guy running it got sick and it went dead for a year or two and slowly we're building it back up the last couple of years. There are no burnouts or loud music, just a bunch of Motor Heads hanging out every Wed. We all shake hands and BS all night long every week and there's always something new and exciting for us to drool over no matter what Brand it is. A true motor head can appreciate any muscle car, classic, or even new Hi Tech HP. You just got to find the right people to hang out with ;o)....

I can appreciate any brand and it's not unusual for me to have a second performance vehicle and yes even a chevy, I just sold my 1967 El Camino with a ZZ572 in it. A couple of pics from the last few Wed's at Home Depot (Selden Plaza on Middle Country Rd) Anyone in the area every want to hang out with some old timers everyone is welcome,, LOL...

100_8852.jpg

100_8870.jpg

100_8922.jpg

100_8931.jpg

BTW that GT500 on the left has numerous 8 sec passes under it's belt and it's the only vehicle the guy owns, he drives it 7 days a week winter spring summer and fall

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

100_8981.jpg

100_8984%20copy.jpg

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_6083.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

100_8927a.jpg

ranger56528

Reaction score
I like small town shows because everybody knows who's who so not much attitude goes on but then you go to the city for a show and it seems like your intruding on someone's space if you walk up to them and try to ask questions about their build or if it's a group you might as well walk right on by unless you know someone,now granted not all are like this but it seems there are more then not/less.

PinkieT

Reaction score
Just came back from another good/bad show. Local fire department has been doing a cruise for years as an MD fundraiser. Almost 500 cars show up. Gate opens at 5. I get there at 5:45, have to search for an open parking space. I'm standing in line to check in and a bozo pulls in the front gate and parallel parks right in side the entrance in the fire lane in the shade, whips out his chair, and parks his ass like he is royalty or something. I complain to the people running the show and they say "we can't stop them". I call bullcrap on that, explaining that 1) a fire department ought to enforce fire lanes, and 2) it pisses the rest of us off when we go to the other end of the parking lot because that is where the only open spaces were and this moron parks were he pleases. Their response - "we got coupons from a restaurant, here take one" I was a certified firefighter and EMT back in 1975 and have been doing insurance loss prevention for 30 years and for a FIRE DEPARTMENT to have this attitude really gets me riled. I've been in car clubs for years and done lots of shows, all you have to do is tell people to MOVE!

Good side - several SN95s along with anything from a Model T fire truck, Jag XK-120, Edsel, rat rod C10s on bags, murdered suicide door Lincoln, Vega wagon with a big block, and 52 MGTC to a Nash Metropolitan and an LS1 stuffed into a Miata. Had a great time once I got over being pissed. If it weren't for a good cause and if I didn't have friends on the department, I wouldn't go back next year, though...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online