car overheating....

freeryde

Reaction score
well, the fan doesnt come on so i'm sure thats the problem. there is nothing wrong with the fan, pulled it out and had it running straight off the battery, but once its in in wont come on. not sure what the problem might be.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
look at the fuse diagram in your owner's manual. it will show you where the fan relay is. then you can replace it

OP
OP
F

freeryde

Reaction score
errr. dont have owners manual. does anyone know off hand....

97blackgt

Reaction score
there is a fuse in the engine compartment fuse box, and there should be a relay for high and low speed, under the hood or under the dash i think?

97blackgt

Reaction score
the lid should be labeled...if not let me know i might be able to find out real quick

97blackgt

Reaction score
The Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) interfaces with the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to provide control of the cooling fan and A/C clutch. The module includes the PCM power relay to provide power to the PCM.
These relays are contained in one housing, resulting in longer service life and reduced wiring requirements for operation.
Cooling Fan Motor Relay
The cooling fan motor is controlled during vehicle operation by the constant control relay module (CCRM) (12B581) and powertrain control module (PCM) (12A650) which energizes the cooling fan motor under the following conditions:

When the engine temperature is higher than normal the cooling fan motor starts operating at 105°C (221°F) and stops when temperature drops to 94°C (200°F) .
When vehicle A/C is on and vehicle speed does not provide enough natural airflow, the cooling fan motor starts running at or below 69 km/h (43 mph) and stops at 77 km/h (48 mph) .
Low Fan Control Relay
The Low Fan Control (LFC) relay controls the electric cooling fan. The primary control circuit of the LFC relay is normally high (B+) . In this state the low speed cooling fan runs continuously. To turn the fan off, The PCM grounds this circuit, pulling it low (near zero volts). A "fail safe" is built into the LFC circuit to run the fan anytime the EEC power relay is activated, should the PCM fail open circuit.

High Fan Control Relay
The High Fan Control (HFC) relay circuit operates the high speed electric cooling fan. If the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor relays a high temperature or overheat condition to the PCM, it activates the HFC. In order to turn the high speed cooling fan on, the PCM grounds the primary circuit of the HFC relay. The secondary circuit applies B+ to the cooling fan motor.

The pins in the CCRM are 1,2,5,6 i believe i hope this helps maybe? i couldnt find the relay numbers

OP
OP
F

freeryde

Reaction score
mmm somewhat, its more of just a run down of how it works, do you know where the ect sensor is?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you know what, i believe there was something wrong with the fan relay switch..you might wanna see if there was a recall on yours.

S

scarface

there is a coolant temp sensor on the intake, if its bad the fans wont come on....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online