car show burn outs

Discussion in 'Photos, Movies, and Video Game Chat!' started by ttocs, Jun 29, 2014.

1. ttocs

ttocs Post Whore

Each year there is a large show in the downtown area of my town. It has grown each year as its become tradition that during the awards for the show that suddenly in the middle of the street at the end of the parking lot that a burn out show starts. I am not sure how its allowed as while its not sanctioned by the show there are no trophys and the host makes announcements towards the end of it that you probably want to move your car off of 4th street for the unsanctioned portion of the show. There is NO safety at all in the middle of a still used city street so its funny to see the other cars that had no idea what they were rolling into, to top it off we are a block from the expressway through town and less then a mile from the police dept. I am going through all my video now and will post up some of the highlights put together but this one was good all on its own.

[video=youtube;yMqqRAhwrYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMqqRAhwrYQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I use to organize a show for my highschool when I was there. We use to do the same thing in the school parking lot. We had little barricades to help prevent people getting too close and we weren't allowed to encourage it with trophies and what not. My teacher would just thank each person as they left and asked if they wanted to have some fun, then we'd move burnout board behind them.

It was fun, but kind of sketchy. People were allowed to be way too close. Some "contestants" would be total idiots about it too and go too far...

3. ttocs

ttocs Post Whore

this is just complete chaos. I mean there are 4 lanes so there is plenty of space, but then the crowd keeps getting closer and further down the road. I recoreded at one point a father pushing his stroller with two small daughter on each side down the road while one was smoking them. One guy did pop a tire and sprayed some rubber back behind him. Its just lucky no one was hurt. I have more vids I will post up but the lighting sucks so its take it as you get it.

4. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Yeah people are scary. They always want to get so close to the car... They don't understand. We had barricades but I think it was too close if a tire popped.

Then there's people that stand far down... They don't understand if the car catches traction weird its going straight into them. I've seen a <2sec 100ft car catch traction with only 1 tire. That was not pretty...

5. D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT Well-Known Member

If it was easier to sanction it would be better....