Car stalls/ cooling fans stay on

Garciia20

Reaction score
first and foremost hello to everyone. I have a 2000 mustang 3.8. Last week we had a major flood and did not manage to get car out before it flooded. Water was seat level or a little higher. The engine took some water due to dipstick tube being out of place somehow so water entered through bottom. Flushed all that junk out and will do another oil change in a few days. Car starts, idles smooth, revs no problem at all. The problem is when you take it out of park it instantly stalls. I tried starting it in neutral but it only cranks in neutral. This morning I found my cooling fans on without the keys in the vehicle. I was looking for the relay but online can only find a ccrm module. Could a bad ccrm be causing my issues or does anyone have any input?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the relay is in the ccrm. They are known to be having problems and it probably was under water. I think I have heard of places that can repair them or else get another to replace it.

OP
OP
G

Garciia20

Reaction score
the relay is in the ccrm. They are known to be having problems and it probably was under water. I think I have heard of places that can repair them or else get another to replace it.
Do you think the ccrm could have something to do with car stalling when shifting from park to any other gear?

Makoto

Reaction score
sounds like your trans or convertor is locked up. here's what i would do. jack up the rear, put it in drive, and then spin the crank with a breaker bar. watch the wheels and see if it turns the wheels at all. if its like impossible to turn the crank... that's why its stalling.

07GtS197

Reaction score
If you can solder you can replace a relay in the ccrm yourself. I’ve done it myself, but you’ll have to test them first. Also they are not the normal Bosch style 5 pin relays, I believe they are a 4 pin design.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
So car ran great before the flood? And now it is not running good after the flood?

Water gets trapped everywhere. How ever high the water got with the car, i would start cleaning up, going through, and inspecting anything and everything that was in contact or under water. Such as electrical connections holding moisture when they are intrrnally sealed to block out water.

I hope you get it figured out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.