Car under load or revving after HCI swap?

Kylebach14

Reaction score
94 5.0 starts up fine and idles fine, but as soon as i revv it and let it settle back down to idle or I trie to put it in gear, it starts to bog down and stalls itself out. I have stock injectors, stock MAF, stock TB. Vic Jr. heads, trick flow stage 1 cam and a typhoon intake. My timing is set right at 10 degrees (it bounces around when i put the timing light on it but i got it pretty close to 10.) The guy who is helping me on it has bbeen working and building mustangs since 64 and he thinks it may be either a possible vacuum leak (went thorugh and sprayed all over with carb cleaner didn;t find anyhting) or oit may be the computer and I just need a tune. It idles fine but when I rev it or put it in gear it dies. Idk what to do to solve this.

OP
OP
Kylebach14

Kylebach14

Reaction score
I removed the spout when I timed it. I checked all over for a vacuum leak and there isn;t one present. When it idles it idles steady as a rock

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I still wouldn't turn up the idle. The TPS on our cars doesn't like that. Just get [MENTION=8201]Addermk2[/MENTION] to do you a tune.

OP
OP
Kylebach14

Kylebach14

Reaction score
Well gentlemen, I fixed the idle by just doing a base idle reset. But I have a new problem. It idles fine and revs good, but when I put it in drive, it makes a loud rattling/grinding noise. The weird part is it goes away when I accelerate and it doesn't do it at all when I put it in reverse! I took my valve covers off because my rockers loosened up and I had to tighten them up again. I don't think it's those again but I'm not sure. Ideas?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online