Car will start but won't run

ylw95gts

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me! I have new injectors, harness, fuel pump and tank. Bought a TrickFlow Intake and 70mm TB w/ sensors (used). Set dizzy in and got her to start but when I give it manual throttle at the linkage it will pick up idle gradually and then all of a sudden on its own give itself too much throttle and rev like a mother once and then I shut it off. I ran to my local parts store and ordered a new TPS which will be here tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is my problem. Any thoughts? Am I missing something? Please tell me I'm on the right track. Thanks.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
my guess would be the tps also....but i would have backprobed it first.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
yea but to me, the tps would just tell the car that it needs to add some more fuel and spark, it wouldnt be getting more air... therefore, wouldnt it just or run like piss? what im sayin is that, you have to be giving it more air for it to actually rev... does it rev after you let loose of the throttle? or just rev uncontrolably... im gonna point towards an IAC maybe....

natedawgg94

Reaction score
Iac wouldn't be that big a deal i'm not running mine at all you are going to have some unmeasured air getting in somewhere to cause these type of problems or could check the butterfly plate on the tb people do some shitty stuff to them to run on different setups since your parts are used.

natedawgg94

Reaction score
Also since you just installed the intake and all check for vacuum leaks these happen very easy and sometimes you never even know it. just a little fyi

OP
OP
Y

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Without going into much detail, lets just say she runs damn good now that I found the problem.

Problem:
727fbd36.jpg

Finished product:
DSC00331.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online