Car won't start at all now. With or without tweecer

samseed101

Reaction score
I have a 1995 GT auto. After installing the Tweecer, my car wont start. Here’s what happened:

I removed the EEC and installed the tweecer (with the battery disconnected of course.) After that I reconnected the wire harnesses and did a "read" from the tweecer to get my stock settings. After that I reconnected the battery and tried to start the car. All it did was crank and crank until the battery started to choke out. Didn't fire up.

So I disconnected the tweecer and tried again with nothing but the stock EEC..same deal. I double checked all the wire harnesses and noticed that I screwed up (not sure how badly yet.) Near the bottom of the wire harnesses and closest to the firewall (compared to the other bolts) there was a green bolt that held a red and black wire under it. It bolted directly to the side of the car. I can only assume it was some sort of ground wires. Well I somehow screwed up and managed to forget to put that back on. I screwed it back down and tried several more times but no luck. The tweecer could read the EEC, but the car would just crank both with and without the tweecer installed.

So now I have no idea what the problem is. I checked the fuses (in the engine bay and under the dash) just for the hell of it and everything seemed fine. When I turn the key to the on position, I hear the fuel pump kick in. I don't know what the problem is but I'm starting to think I fried the computer by screwing up and forgetting that one screw / bolt. I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem.

I am correct in thinking that the green bold near the three wire harnesses was the ground correct? And by being a dumbass and leaving it off, there's a good chance I fried it? Any ideas what I can do to fix this? If it is the computer, where can I get a replacement besides a junkyard?

Thanks for any help.

94Vert

Reaction score
Sounds like you fried the board. I work with electronic boards and their pretty sensitive. I would try napa or autozone and see who's cheaper. I wouldn't think it's a factory order part.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Sounds like you left an open ground ...and fried the stock eec. That's why most tuners use static gaurds and gloves when handleing chips and plug-ins. Carquest sells re-mans for like 130 bucks ....and carry lifetime warranty.(napa too,i think),but don't buy from autozone or advance....their parts are complete garbage,you get what you pay for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online