Carb swap sn5.0

cameron57

Reaction score
Anyone done this fixing to start down this road on my car. My biggest question is can I just put a manual valve body in my aode and be good to go?

RichV

Reaction score
Why go through the headache?

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
It is simpliest way to make hp and still have driveabilty. Besides my car has yet to run correctly with fuel injection. By going to a mvb my car should not need any computer correct?

RichV

Reaction score
The OBD1 stuff is not that complex. I'd go that route if it were me.

You should be able to just get the intake/carb, step down the fuel pressure with a low pressure pump, vac or MSD ignition, get the right fuel line fittings, and it should run. The AODE will need a piggyback computer. I know the classic guys use them when they add a AODE. You'll have to do some wiring on the gauges and body harness for circuits that are no longer needed.

I know a couple of guys have carbureted setups on here. Maybe they'll chime in.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Thats basically what i am going to do honestly the only gauge i want to work is the speedo. Now with out a computer i and no changes to the trans i should be able to shift manually but just will not have od?

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Fixing to do this to my car if anyone is intersted in going carbed i can turn this into a sn specific write up.

punched281

Reaction score
I had a holley low pressure reg and a 255. Didn't work. You'll most likely need a low pressure pump. This was just my experience tho!

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to run 2 regs to get it to work. That right up is more for a fox than a sn.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why can't you just mount a low pressure electric fuel pump to the frame rail by the tank then modify the pump harness to power the LP pump. I believe carbs only need about 10 psi

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Yes that would work. They actually only need about 5psi but you can run up to 8psi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online