Carbon Fiber Hood

hotmustang95

Reaction score
th

This is the hood I want on CF.. over a grand tho. .

That's very similar to the Tiger Racing hood.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
just mounted and aligned it was all I needed to do. No modifications were necessary but I did put the aerocatches on it as well.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not patient enough to do the pins. . I do like how they look tho. Nit a fan of the traditional style. .

chris91

Reaction score
You cant go wrong with Vis Carbon Fiber parts. After having a few of their hoods and one of their hatches back in my import days I would highly recommend them. The fit and finish is like no other.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm not patient enough to do the pins. . I do like how they look tho. Nit a fan of the traditional style. .

Agreed the traditional style is not my thing either but the flush fitting aerocatches could not have made me happier.

thb_4817701406830552-23ee894846.jpg

RabidPony

Reaction score
Word to the wise. The Vis hoods are great in all respects but I would highly recommend getting it sprayed with a good UV resistant clear if you want to leave the weave exposed. Mine starter to fade/oxidize after a couple years and I washed and waxed it regularly.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Scott How much lighter was the CF hood..
I read on svt that vis hood is fiberglass hood with carbon fiber. . That they are close to the same weight as a stock hood..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh heck no it was lighter. I have been wanting to get out my scale and see the exact number but it was enough of a difference to easily notice that it was lighter while mounting them . Just a guess I would say around 10 or 12 lbs

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Damn, over a thousand bucks for a CF hood. I think it's a waste of money personally. The only reason a person would buy a CF hood for a street car is for the look IMO. The difference in the weight is very small. If I were going to replace parts on my car in CF I would replace the real heavy parts like the trunk or doors. Sure, a well funded race team uses all CF parts but they have deep pockets and in the racing world every pound counts. I'd stick with a fiberglass hood and have the top of it wrapped in CF if you really want that look.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
The one I really want is over 1k.. the one I'll get is 750.. regular fiberglass Is around 500.. by the time it gets prepped and painted same cost

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
one could argue that a racecar is a waste of money as well. Obviously when its on my car its just for looks and it will look pretty bad assed when I am done so its worth it to me. The stock hood was just a little heavier then I was comfortable carrying by myself but the cf was much easier. It might be more then 10 lbs but I don't have a stock hood to compare it to now.

good cheap fast pick 2

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I been doing a lot of research. Seems like every hood right now is a fiber glass skeleton with carbon fiber outer layer. . Carbon driven might be making some CF hood. I'll wait and see what they have to offer then. . I'll do some minor changes till then. .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that was what I found as well. Are you wanting it 100% carbon for the weight or just to be able to say it? It might save you a few more pounds but it will be at a heavy price and I am sure we all know it would be north of that $1k mark you were trying to stay away from.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Well this whole time I was thinking they where full CF.. well if I pay that much I would hope it was CF.. I could just go fiberglass and save about $300.. I'll have time to think about it. .

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
From what I see maybe 1k for a full CF hood is not bad. . Maybe I could. Not sure. . Have to rethink everything now

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My fiberglass termi hood from cervinis is lighter than my factory and as good of construction as you could possibly ask for. Perfect fit, perfect finish.

Not as cheap as some but this is one part I felt was worth it. Obviously it wont give you that cf look but if a termi hood is what you want it's an option.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online