Carbon Fiber Hood

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so you just want to be able to say you didn't go cheap and got a full CF hood? I get it but it is an expensive ticket to satisfy our egos go and maybe impress some car dudes as its not like I didn't waste money on my build getting the vortech polished or bagging it. I don't regret either of those decisions and would do them again the same way.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
so you just want to be able to say you didn't go cheap and got a full CF hood? I get it but it is an expensive ticket to satisfy our egos go and maybe impress some car dudes as its not like I didn't waste money on my build getting the vortech polished or bagging it. I don't regret either of those decisions and would do them again the same way.
That's why I'm iffy about it. . At the end of the day it's just a hood. . Im going to take a trip to abc exclusive check out a few hoods. . I'm leaning into just a fiber glass hood and spend the money I save on something else. .

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I'm iffy about it. . At the end of the day it's just a hood. . Im going to take a trip to abc exclusive check out a few hoods. . I'm leaving into just a fiber glass hood and spend the money I save on something else. .

Do yourself a favor and run far away from abc exclusive. After spending months fighting with them I finally had to threaten legal action to get shit right. They sent me the wrong bumper, new edge instead of sn95, and tried to tell me that I must of switched with someone locally and was trying to pull a fast one. Then my other bumper was so twisted and mangled it wasn't funny. Ended up ripping half way across from one corner to the next. I had to pay for shipping both ways to get it replaced just to find out all they did was cut it n half as remold bottom half!!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and run far away from abc exclusive. After spending months fighting with them I finally had to threaten legal action to get shit right. They sent me the wrong bumper, new edge instead of sn95, and tried to tell me that I must of switched with someone locally and was trying to pull a fast one. Then my other bumper was so twisted and mangled it wasn't funny. Ended up ripping half way across from one corner to the next. I had to pay for shipping both ways to get it replaced just to find out all they did was cut it n half as remold bottom half!!!!

now that is what we call a load of crap

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had tons of pics I posted n my build thread if I remember right. If not, I know I still have them on my computer.

And no I'm not needlessly bashing abc exclusive before anyone starts in. This is a experience that is dicumebted

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I live like 30-40 min away. . I can actually see everything before I buy. . But it's only an option.. i still don't know what I'll do. I was set on CF.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I live like 30-40 min away. . I can actually see everything before I buy. . But it's only an option.. i still don't know what I'll do. I was set on CF.

I'm still having issues with their quality. We had to repaint the bumpers a second time cause of their crappy release agent. I know a couple guys had their hoods and said they for ok but had to do a lot of extra prep to smooth them out.

If you live that close then luckily you can get a close look before buying. Just thought I'd give some insight.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I hear you. . Sucks you have to do so much work.. im still undecided.. as of now I'm going to hold off.. till I see what the carbon driven hood looks like and cost. . But ill prob still take a trip and see what they got. . Or just fix the crack on the one on the car. .

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fyi, cf is harder to keep looking nice over the long run. additionally, make sure your paint guy knows its cc before you show up with it. most paint guys give lifetime warranties and theres a lot of differing opinions on the lifespan of paint on cp. it'd suck to show up with a cf hood and they turn you away

hotmustang95

Reaction score
My first Cobra R hood was from ABC. It had lots of bumps in it. The painter at ford was freaking out and telling me it would be allot of work to smooth it out. I told him it was a cheap hood and to just prep and paint it. He even said it would not be warrantied but one from Cervani's would. You get what you pay for.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
http://www.carid.com/

The Terminator style hood is $740 shipped (doesn't say free shipping, but when you go to checkout there is not a shipping cost). I looked for a while for a CF hood for my 05. CarID seemed to have the best prices, I have not ordered one yet tho.
Went to order today. They add the shipping after you enter the payment info. . Couldn't do it. .

RichV

Reaction score
Went to order today. They add the shipping after you enter the payment info. . Couldn't do it. .

Good to know. I ended up finding one on CL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online