Carbon Fiber mirrors?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
So, my mirror got broken while it was sitting in a garage. I was thinking about replacing the mirror, which is the cheap and easy route, but something else also sparked interest in me to look into smaller carbon fiber mirrors. I figure the car is no longer a street car, so it would be nice to lose a bit of weight, cut down on the drag a little bit. I’ve found some mirrors, but they are absolutely tiny, so I was thinking about finding something that at least somewhat size appropriate. Any clues? This is what I found already. They are made by TC Sportline, and look great in theory, as from the fact that they are 5.5x2.5 inches, which is unreasonably tiny. Need something bigger.

410sn95

Reaction score
I have experience installing and driving with APR Formula GT3 mirrors. The quality is top notch. Mirrors are pretty small and they try to make up for that with the mirror being convex. They are also 5.5"

I will say, Harnessed in on the street, visibility will be tough in certain situations.

http://aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=44

I will add: installs were on Mitsu evo's.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
That's the same exact mirror as the TC SPORTLINE almost.

410sn95

Reaction score
Makes we wonder where the TC Sportlines are made with the price difference and all. Nice of them to come up with amounting solution for our cars, though.

For what its worth, Every APR product I have dealt with has been tip top. Quality was excellent. From mirrors to their CF wings.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
PF racing makes carbon fiber mirrors for our cars.

IMG_0716.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Would it really save that much weight?

Also, if its a strictly race car now, are mirrors a requirement? I guess if you're on a track with other cars.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
At 1000 dollars a pair, their are pretty much out of my range of what I'm willing to pay. I think I'll pass on those. I want something along the lines of APR or TC mirrors, just bigger.

410sn95

Reaction score
At 1000 dollars a pair, their are pretty much out of my range of what I'm willing to pay. I think I'll pass on those. I want something along the lines of APR or TC mirrors, just bigger.

You might be out of luck on that. Not much in between.

I was seriously considering the APR's with a Scott Rod sn95 mirror delete panel but color matching the mirror housing. The visibility when strapped in has kept me from pulling the trigger.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Oh well, I guess that's that. I decided to order a used mirror, simply going to replace it and call it a day. I think with a proper size mirror, I could have been switching out both.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh well, I guess that's that. I decided to order a used mirror, simply going to replace it and call it a day. I think with a proper size mirror, I could have been switching out both.

make sure you get a smooth one for your 94. 96-98 mirrors are textured.
Might be cheaper to get it from a slavage lot.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
make sure you get a smooth one for your 94. 96-98 mirrors are textured.
Might be cheaper to get it from a slavage lot.

Yeah, already found out about textured stuff first hand. Had no idea that they even had textured finish. I've got a textured one to ship back to seller, and a smooth one coming tomorrow.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Question is, how many people actually bought them? I think when it's time to reduce weight, I'll probably gut the stock mirrors and figure out a way to mount the mirror somehow.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
get a hydro dip kit and do it yourself. I think there is probably doo much of a curve to do the vinyl.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online