Carbon Fiber Opinions

nolan62

Reaction score
Ok guys, need your honest opinions on this. I can't decide for sure and my sons aren't to sure about it either.

On a Black 1995 Mustang would Carbon Fiber parts - Hood, Rear Spoiler, maybe Mirriors - Look good or just stupid?

I think it would look good but I'm not sure about CF with Black. I like it with say Yellow or Blue or the right shade of Green.

What do you think? Let's hear it, positive or negative.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just got some CF wrap off ebay and did my roof because the paint was dieing. I chose light blue thinking it would match the car But afterwards I should have gotten black instead. I'll probably change it out this summer. It was only $50 for a 5'x5' sheet.
I think if you keep it small and tasteful as more of an accent you should be OK. If you go overboard and do too much then it'll look ricer.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Like you said I think it's looks good on brightly colored cars. On black cars I think it looks good if it's done tastefully and not all over the place. Also depends on what other modifications are done to the car. If it looks stick I think it might look a little tacky, but if you have wheels/ lowered/ aftermarket wing etc I think it would look pretty cool.

OP
OP
nolan62

nolan62

Reaction score
Right, I absolutely don't want the Ricer look. I will be lowering it. And for wheels I'm trying to get these deep dish Magnum 500's in 18"

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like carbon fiber anything. Over used now and I find it just looks cheap even though it costs more money.

mavisky

Reaction score
Take my advice and have any carbon fiber parts professionally clear coated with a high grade automotive clear and then buffed. From the factory 99% of them come with a very very basic clear coat/gel coat finish that will yellow over time. My hood on my Eagle Talon did this and it was almost irreversible once it took place. My car had a factory black roof and the carbon fiber mirrors and hood tied it together well. my current mustang doesn't have any carbon fiber anywhere though.

aces ST

Reaction score
as stated above, if done tastefully it will look good on black. I have a black 94 with a carbon fiber s281 wing and I love it. I hopefully would like to add a carbon fiber wrapped boss shinoda lip spoiler to even everything out.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Love CF but have to keep myself under control from buying too much :)

A few pieces spread out on the car looks good imo.

You should see a contrast with your black, most of the CF I see is more a charcoal black so its actually lighter than the car.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The CF vinyl wrap on the roof was fairly easy to put on. It also has a CF texture to it. It was easy to heat and stretch around the corners.
Also on the roof it was easy to tuck the edges under the front and rear window seals and the piller moldings as well so no edges are exposed to look tacky.
I would think the trying to wrap the wing would be difficuly though because of the compound curves and the ends of the wing.
Nolan62 if you ever down at Summit shoot me a PM and I'll meet you there and you can ck out my roof.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I actually think CF only looks good on black. Any other color and it stands out too much and becomes tacky.

I thought about doing my mirrors and I still might down the road if I don't get them painted.

IMG_0716.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like it and have plans too put it on my car. Was just looking at hoods last night. Maybe we can get a deal for 2 more if there is anyone else interested.

Wichers123

Reaction score
I have carbon wrap on my roof and my whole trunk is carbon wrapped and its the only way I would do it. Spending money on cf parts is stupid the gel coat for one is not meant for UV rays. Also its nothing but a high dollar fiberglass cause its no stonger, now dry carbon is extremely strong and holds up to UV rays because there is no gel coat which cracks extremely easy. Take is from a guy who has a 58" full carbon/fiberglass rc gas boat. Its the strongest layup over carbon/kevlar but Kevlar is heavy.

OP
OP
nolan62

nolan62

Reaction score
Well I was on the fence this morning but now after listening to you all I don't think I'm going to do it now. Maybe this Spring when I'm ready to paint I'll hit some car shows and check out some Mustangs in person.

Thanks everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online